looking for a complete womens beginner set up - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default looking for a complete womens beginner set up

I'm trying to stay right around (under) $300 for board bindings and boots. I found these 2 so far, anyone have anything to say about these brands? Any info would be great, thanks.

This one is from wiredsports, I'm leaning more towards this
New 2012 System Wish Snowboard Package Flow Boot Siren Bindings Free Bag | eBay

Then this one from DJ's
Origin 147 Womens Snowboard Avalanche Serenity Bindings M3 Boots | eBay
JeffreyCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

At the very least she needs to try on boots and find the ones that fit her best. Do that first. You should be able to find good deals on quality gear online and at retail store clearance sales this time of year.
tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyCH View Post
I'm trying to stay right around (under) $300 for board bindings and boots. I found these 2 so far, anyone have anything to say about these brands? Any info would be great, thanks.
I don't have systems board, but I have thier boots (system sublime size 11 womens 2011) and they are very comfortable and warm and moldable with a blow dryer

You can get the whole system setup (board, boots and bindings) for around $250 before applicable taxes and shipping costs.

I bought a camp seven board, systems boots and siren bindings from them. They bindings didnt seem to fit over my boot well so I sold it to a friend with size 9 boots and she loves it

Hope this helps!
Optikal_Illuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre View Post
At the very least she needs to try on boots and find the ones that fit her best. Do that first. You should be able to find good deals on quality gear online and at retail store clearance sales this time of year.
Unfortunately that's not an option due to where we live. The one place in town that carries SB stuff has a crap selection, we would have to order stuff and pay full retail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optikal_Illuzion View Post
I don't have systems board, but I have thier boots (system sublime size 11 womens 2011) and they are very comfortable and warm and moldable with a blow dryer

You can get the whole system setup (board, boots and bindings) for around $250 before applicable taxes and shipping costs.

I bought a camp seven board, systems boots and siren bindings from them. They bindings didnt seem to fit over my boot well so I sold it to a friend with size 9 boots and she loves it

Hope this helps!
So then you would say the quality of these brands is good?

I think we are going to go with the package from Wiredsport, just because I trust those guys. Seems like a solid deal, and it's not like this set up is going to be ridden more then 5-10 times a year. I'm still wondering how the system board is going to be for a beginner?
JeffreyCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yes, the quality of these brands are pretty decent from Wiredsport. If you have any sort of problem thier customer service is pretty good as well. Why not call and ask? If I'm not mistaken, System is a Wiredsports brand.

If I was your girl I'd go with the Camp Seven Dreamcatcher board or the Siren 2013 Cordelia Snowboard. Plus I believe those boards come with a 3 year warrenty to boot, so if anything happens your pretty much covered!
Optikal_Illuzion is offline   Reply With Quote