lib tech skate banana - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2008, 03:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
icantthink1

Default lib tech skate banana

im interested in buying a skate banana i was just wondering if the board is good for speed and fat jumps.... i am a freestyle rider i know its meant for jibs and park. i just wanna know if the board can handle speed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2008, 03:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantthink1 View Post
im interested in buying a skate banana i was just wondering if the board is good for speed and fat jumps.... i am a freestyle rider i know its meant for jibs and park. i just wanna know if the board can handle speed
I was hauling ass on mine freeriding down mt hood. No speed chatter at all, at least not enough for me to notice. As for fat jumps, I knuckled a 20ft jump once and decided never to come up short again. Every jump after that I was going warp 7 and the board kept up just fine.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you want something thats a noodle go for it.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
icantthink1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooz View Post
I was hauling ass on mine freeriding down mt hood. No speed chatter at all, at least not enough for me to notice. As for fat jumps, I knuckled a 20ft jump once and decided never to come up short again. Every jump after that I was going warp 7 and the board kept up just fine.

so are you saying its good for jumps or no?
Old 08-19-2008, 03:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I would definitely say that the SB is not for hauling ass. Chatters and buckles at high speeds. Neither are good, doing both can be disasterous.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

All I want for Christmas is a normal cambered board.

I've hit big kickers and straightlined the steepest part of a worldcup downhill racecourse on a skate banana, and let me assure you I will never ever do it again. I don't like feeling like I'm going to die. It just felt unstable doing everything. Yes it's good fun to jib around on, but for what your describing, I wouldn't bother, get a proper park board if you want to ride park.

I'm a huge fan of solid edges, reverse camber doesn't do it for me.

Then again it depends on your definition of a "fat jump". No offense meant to mooz here at all but 20ft is pretty average, you could send more or less any board into that, I was thinking more along the lines of 50ft wedges.
Snowjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
icantthink1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowjoe View Post
All I want for Christmas is a normal cambered board.

I've hit big kickers and straightlined the steepest part of a worldcup downhill racecourse on a skate banana, and let me assure you I will never ever do it again. I don't like feeling like I'm going to die. It just felt unstable doing everything. Yes it's good fun to jib around on, but for what your describing, I wouldn't bother, get a proper park board if you want to ride park.

I'm a huge fan of solid edges, reverse camber doesn't do it for me.

Then again it depends on your definition of a "fat jump". No offense meant to mooz here at all but 20ft is pretty average, you could send more or less any board into that, I was thinking more along the lines of 50ft wedges.

yeah i do 30ft+ jumps ok im not gonna go with the skate banana... are there any other boards from lib tech that i can use for at jumps, mass speed, and still do rails?
Old 08-19-2008, 04:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'm not too familiar with the Lib-Tech line, I've only ridden the skate banana because I had to borrow a deck for a week or two. Any reason you want Lib-Tech so bad? You'd be better off getting a stiffer park board if your serious about big hits and hauling ass around the mountain. Personally I'd much rather ride a stiffer board on rails and have the stability in the air than have a noodle which is great for rails but bails out on you when it gets serious.

I'm sure others will be able to suggest some boards, I've ridden a few but not enough to give some wide suggestions.
Snowjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
icantthink1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowjoe View Post
I'm not too familiar with the Lib-Tech line, I've only ridden the skate banana because I had to borrow a deck for a week or two. Any reason you want Lib-Tech so bad? You'd be better off getting a stiffer park board if your serious about big hits and hauling ass around the mountain. Personally I'd much rather ride a stiffer board on rails and have the stability in the air than have a noodle which is great for rails but bails out on you when it gets serious.

I'm sure others will be able to suggest some boards, I've ridden a few but not enough to give some wide suggestions.
it doesnt have to be lib tech. any other suggestions of boards that can handle big jumps, speed and rails... i was just interested in lib tech cause of the whole hype ya know?

i also want to know what BurtonAvenger thinks what board i should get. i know he wrote a grip of reviews on boards. i want to know what you think would be a good board for my needs. thanx
Old 08-19-2008, 04:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you want a solid reverse cambered board for jumps and hauling ass the never summer SL or Legacy, if you want to go a little more softer and playful never summer evo or revolver.

I'm also a fan of the k2 jibpan and darkstar.

There's so many variables I could take into account for what you're looking to do as well.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote