BurtonAvenger/ThrowAwayJibBoard - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 12:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default BurtonAvenger/ThrowAwayJibBoard

i've noticed you've called the kink and the artifact throw away jib boards. I can understand why you do and really wont argue that. my question is whether you think there are any jib boards that dont qualify as 'throw away'. keep in mind that I'm talking about the range super soft boards. If the noodleage of the boards is what makes them 'throw away' i'd be curious to know what boards you do recommend for those who spend 80% of their time in rail yards.

I am actually curious though, in your opinion, what makes these boards 'throw away' boards.

P.S. after reading your 60 some reviews(well i didnt read all of them, but just the ones I was interested in) I've gained a lot of respect for you and now know that your not just some snowboarder giving his unguided opinion on boards, and that you have a real love for snowboarding, I respect that, keep it up.

anyone else can answer, I just had some specific questions for BurtonAvenger.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2008, 01:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

My theory on throw away jib boards is that its anything in the say 279 to 400ish price range (U.S. dollars). These are the sticks that are designed to hit jibs and be ridden till they break. Biaxle glass, extruded bases, thicker edges, max stances of like 25 inches, etc. etc. These boards are for the kids on a budget that don't have a lot of money and are riding the parks day in and day out.

These are the boards that come to my shop for warranty that the companies just send back and say what did you expect its cheap for a reason.

There are companies that do offer boards with better tech in them under the 400 buck price range, case in point K2 darkstar at 389 thats a pretty solid stick that rides well everywhere.

For the longest time the Atomic Hatchet was my board to point people to because it definitely has some of the better tech in it for a bang, although they've steadily increased its price over the last 5 years.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

so to clarify, the 'throw aways' arent bad boards only good for doing the stuff that ruins boards, but just that they're the 'techless' economy boards. correcty me if I've misunderstood.

Also, not to criticize you, and if I understood right, you might want to reconsider your choice of adjective, 'throw away' implies that the boards arent really worth it unless you can buy two or three a season. at least thats what goes through my head when I here throw away.

and out of curiousity, where does the WWW fit in for you. and have you been on any santacruz? Fusion TT maybe?

Also, buy my things?
Old 08-21-2008, 01:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Santa Cruz can suck my right nut I can't believe they're still around, is anyone riding for them anymore I thought Nitro bought all their pros.

Its a throw away board you ride it and then its done if it breaks oh well no loss. Its not like buying a Ride DH, Never Summer Evo, K2 jibpan something thats higher end and you'd be pretty pissed if you broke it.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

so out of K2, unity, burton, lib, rome, flow, gnu, nitro, omatic, capita, and forum, what boards would you recommend for 60%-25%-15% split (rails-jumps-all the rest). preference on true twin

I'd have NS on there, but cant afford this year, zumiez no sell NS

Also, buy my things?
Old 08-21-2008, 02:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Zumiez sells Omatic? Unity?

K2 I'd go with a WWW if you want a board you can just destroy and feel no remorse on otherwise either a Jibpan or Darkstar.
Unity sucks
Burton I won't go there its self explanitory
Rome Artifact if you want something like a WWW otherwise Graft/agent
Flow Diskord or Era
Gnu Street series, skate banana
Nitro Any of the T series the eero or wiig
Omatic Awesome or the super
capita stairmaster
Forum nope.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

woah, wasnt expecting you to suggest something from almost all those.

so is that just a list of the boards that the companies say are good, or are you backing all of them.

basically, consider me an insicure kid who is good at and comfortable helping others, but couldnt make a decision for himself if his life depended on it.

what would be your top three or four

and if it helps, I ride hard, but my boards dont get severely punished every season, and I take care of them.

Also, buy my things?
Old 08-21-2008, 02:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I don't endorse mervin, burton, unity, or forum. And I loath pricepoint jib sticks I don't think they offer anything.

I'm a fan of the jibpan but you'd probably find that a hair too stiff if you spend all your time jibbing so maybe the believer or darkstar would be more up your alley. Nitro I'm always iffy on as I see lots of them come back. Flow makes a solid product though for sure. Omatics are fun but I keep breaking them and I'm not that hard of a park rider.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

sweet, thanks for sharing your knowledge, sounds like the darkstar wins this round...now I need to make enough money for this season...

Also, buy my things?
Old 08-21-2008, 04:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
JTSECK

^^^ just go for last season's boards