ahh any tips, pleease? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 11:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
burtonbaby

Default ahh any tips, pleease?

okay. so im 15 and ive been snowboarding since like 4th grade. and i love the park soo much, but im soo bad at it! i can do boxes, but thats about it. when i do the half-pipe, i cant get high enough up on the sides. when i tried rails last time, i killed my wrist on the end of it and my doctor said i couldnt snowboard for 2 weeks (TORTURE!). and when i do jumps and try to do a board grab, i cant get my board high enough and some of my guy friends that i snowboard with make fun of me and say im too weak
if anyone has any tips that have helped you out in the past, pleeease share!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2008, 11:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
snowman

what are you riding?? and where do you want help the most..??
Old 08-21-2008, 11:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonbaby View Post
okay. so im 15 and ive been snowboarding since like 4th grade. and i love the park soo much, but im soo bad at it! i can do boxes, but thats about it. when i do the half-pipe, i cant get high enough up on the sides. when i tried rails last time, i killed my wrist on the end of it and my doctor said i couldnt snowboard for 2 weeks (TORTURE!). and when i do jumps and try to do a board grab, i cant get my board high enough and some of my guy friends that i snowboard with make fun of me and say im too weak
if anyone has any tips that have helped you out in the past, pleeease share!
Bend your knees when you get air as you bend your knees up the board will be closer to you and that means you can grab it. You need to loosen up you are probably riding like a robot out there.

Halfpipe is an acquired skill that the more you ride it the better you will get at it. When you go to drop in to it remember to go higher than you think before you drop into the tranny. Come in with ample speed on your heelside wall ride up the deck till you're getting to the apex of the flat, then do a little prehop and land flat based on the tranny and pump with your back foot. When you hit the flat bottom of the pipe get up on your toe edge as you start approaching the transition of the wall start to get flat based, when you hit the lip be flat based don't pop let the wall throw you. When in the air look over your shoulder and down the pipe, where the head goes the body follows and that will allow you to land. When you land on the tranny push with your back foot again, in the flat get on your heel edge, flat base up the tranny, repeat.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote