User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 05:43 PM
crazydrummer

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Rome design?

Anyone ridden one of these? I was planning on getting the anthem but i saw someone suggested this instead of it in another thread. Going to be using it for mostly powder, groomers, and maybe a jump or 2 in the park.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I wouldn't get it but then again I think its possibly the most over hyped underperforming board in Romes line.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 12:33 PM
fainerbainer

I really like the Rome Solution. Get to the mountain on a demo day and try some out. I did a bunch of research on Rome stuff (mostly freeride/all mountain). I decided on the Rome solution. Rome is also a nice board to get because not every tom, dick, and harry has one on the mountain.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Veteran Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
^ HUH? Seriously?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Word

Why dont you get something like the Rossi Jeremy Jones Rossignol Snowboard Rossignol Jeremy Jones Snowboard. I think you will be stoked on this one. Also the Forum Pat Moore, burton supermodel, or even like the option signature. The Rome Design is okay but I have to agree with BA, I wasn't very impressed at all. Go for the Rossi JJ
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 12:00 AM
crazydrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Word View Post
Why dont you get something like the Rossi Jeremy Jones Rossignol Snowboard Rossignol Jeremy Jones Snowboard. I think you will be stoked on this one. Also the Forum Pat Moore, burton supermodel, or even like the option signature. The Rome Design is okay but I have to agree with BA, I wasn't very impressed at all. Go for the Rossi JJ

First off thanks for all the responses. I like the rossi pretty well, what inpeticular do you like about it? I've also looked at the supermodel, how would it compare to an anthem?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydrummer View Post
First off thanks for all the responses. I like the rossi pretty well, what inpeticular do you like about it? I've also looked at the supermodel, how would it compare to an anthem?
well the supermodel is a slightly tapered snowboard... so the tail will not be as wide as the the nose. plus it has a 1" setback stance. This board is great for slashing around in the backcountry and through the trees, but because the taper is so slight it will also rip the corduroy. The jeremy jones will be more like the anthem than the supermodel, but is a little more geared for the big-mountain aspect of the sport. It is stiffer and more aggressive than the anthem. Plus the JJ changes with size... the bigger you go the more freeride oriented the board becomes. the anthem is a good board too though and it will ride in the terrain park a little better, but thats about it.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 04:02 PM
fainerbainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
^ HUH? Seriously?
yes seriously
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Word View Post
well the supermodel is a slightly tapered snowboard... so the tail will not be as wide as the the nose. plus it has a 1" setback stance. This board is great for slashing around in the backcountry and through the trees, but because the taper is so slight it will also rip the corduroy. The jeremy jones will be more like the anthem than the supermodel, but is a little more geared for the big-mountain aspect of the sport. It is stiffer and more aggressive than the anthem. Plus the JJ changes with size... the bigger you go the more freeride oriented the board becomes. the anthem is a good board too though and it will ride in the terrain park a little better, but thats about it.
Don't the Anthem, Supermodel and Jones all have setback stance and directional shape? This tapered shape is more or less the default shape for every board. I was just confused by what your saying, it almost sounds like your saying thats a unique thing
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 05:50 PM
crazydrummer

Ok cool, I'm really liking either the supermodel or anthem right now. Any other suggestions. Wanting something that is good on groomers and chopped up powder aswell.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode