Rome design? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 05:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
crazydrummer

Default Rome design?

Anyone ridden one of these? I was planning on getting the anthem but i saw someone suggested this instead of it in another thread. Going to be using it for mostly powder, groomers, and maybe a jump or 2 in the park.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2008, 09:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I wouldn't get it but then again I think its possibly the most over hyped underperforming board in Romes line.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
fainerbainer

I really like the Rome Solution. Get to the mountain on a demo day and try some out. I did a bunch of research on Rome stuff (mostly freeride/all mountain). I decided on the Rome solution. Rome is also a nice board to get because not every tom, dick, and harry has one on the mountain.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

^ HUH? Seriously?
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 03:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Word

Why dont you get something like the Rossi Jeremy Jones Rossignol Snowboard Rossignol Jeremy Jones Snowboard. I think you will be stoked on this one. Also the Forum Pat Moore, burton supermodel, or even like the option signature. The Rome Design is okay but I have to agree with BA, I wasn't very impressed at all. Go for the Rossi JJ
Old 08-23-2008, 12:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
crazydrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Word View Post
Why dont you get something like the Rossi Jeremy Jones Rossignol Snowboard Rossignol Jeremy Jones Snowboard. I think you will be stoked on this one. Also the Forum Pat Moore, burton supermodel, or even like the option signature. The Rome Design is okay but I have to agree with BA, I wasn't very impressed at all. Go for the Rossi JJ

First off thanks for all the responses. I like the rossi pretty well, what inpeticular do you like about it? I've also looked at the supermodel, how would it compare to an anthem?
Old 08-23-2008, 12:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydrummer View Post
First off thanks for all the responses. I like the rossi pretty well, what inpeticular do you like about it? I've also looked at the supermodel, how would it compare to an anthem?
well the supermodel is a slightly tapered snowboard... so the tail will not be as wide as the the nose. plus it has a 1" setback stance. This board is great for slashing around in the backcountry and through the trees, but because the taper is so slight it will also rip the corduroy. The jeremy jones will be more like the anthem than the supermodel, but is a little more geared for the big-mountain aspect of the sport. It is stiffer and more aggressive than the anthem. Plus the JJ changes with size... the bigger you go the more freeride oriented the board becomes. the anthem is a good board too though and it will ride in the terrain park a little better, but thats about it.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
fainerbainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
^ HUH? Seriously?
yes seriously
Old 08-23-2008, 04:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Word View Post
well the supermodel is a slightly tapered snowboard... so the tail will not be as wide as the the nose. plus it has a 1" setback stance. This board is great for slashing around in the backcountry and through the trees, but because the taper is so slight it will also rip the corduroy. The jeremy jones will be more like the anthem than the supermodel, but is a little more geared for the big-mountain aspect of the sport. It is stiffer and more aggressive than the anthem. Plus the JJ changes with size... the bigger you go the more freeride oriented the board becomes. the anthem is a good board too though and it will ride in the terrain park a little better, but thats about it.
Don't the Anthem, Supermodel and Jones all have setback stance and directional shape? This tapered shape is more or less the default shape for every board. I was just confused by what your saying, it almost sounds like your saying thats a unique thing
Snowjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 05:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
crazydrummer

Ok cool, I'm really liking either the supermodel or anthem right now. Any other suggestions. Wanting something that is good on groomers and chopped up powder aswell.