Board Shopping w/ size 17 boot! Ideas? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board Shopping w/ size 17 boot! Ideas?

So I've got a size 17 Ride Bigfoot pair of boots. I currently ride a Rossignol One MagTek Mid-wide 2010/2011 snowboard with a waist of 26.4cm.

It works, but its not pretty I do drag quite a bit. I've had to rotate the plate under my bindings to push my bindings (Ride EX) as far frontside as possible to center my boot. I keep my feet angled at something like 19/15 so I font drag too much.

Had this board for 3 years and it has held up pretty well, my problem is the binding bolts are warping the bottom of my deck and I've got many gashes and scrapes in it. (Pytexed the crap out of it).

So im looking for a new board, trying to get a little wider if I can or maybe a pair of risers if that is a good idea. I'm 18, 6'3", 17 boot, 190lbs, and an all mountain guy who dabbles a little in the park.

Any suggestions?
berty6294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

Skunk Apes – Lib Tech
Derp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
For the price, that is a bit much for only 0.2 cm difference.

I actually just found the Artec Phenom on sale for $278 and its got a 28cm waist. Anybody know anything about Artec?
Old 02-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Palmer snowboards had a product called the power link system. It was designed for riders with big feet but didn't want a wide board. Maybe you could find one on eBay seeing that Palmer left the USA in 2008. Also, a company like Donek snowboards could make a custom board designed specifically for you. Not cheap but that could be the way to go. Good luck.
Mpjames 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpjames 09 View Post
Palmer snowboards had a product called the power link system. It was designed for riders with big feet but didn't want a wide board. Maybe you could find one on eBay seeing that Palmer left the USA in 2008. Also, a company like Donek snowboards could make a custom board designed specifically for you. Not cheap but that could be the way to go. Good luck.
Yeh having quite a hard time finding any for sale.

I'm content for the time being (I have my bindings pushed as far toeside as possible so its not a terrible ride).

It seems that the Artec Phenom will house my boot quite well. But that aside, what kind of reputation does Artec have? Are they reliable boards?
Old 02-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Artec is made by Elan, which makes a ton boards for a lot of different companies. It's a safe bet you have a quality board on your hands. Does your board have the graphic of the tennis racket? It looks like a fun board. I think you scored. Enjoy it.
Mpjames 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
So im looking for a new board, trying to get a little wider if I can or maybe a pair of risers if that is a good idea. I'm 18, 6'3", 17 boot, 190lbs, and an all mountain guy who dabbles a little in the park.
Dude... wtf is going on with your feet.

I saw size 17 and was expecting 6'10", 280 lbs...

Finding a board for your size 17s on sale is probably going to be pretty difficult.

Last edited by BigmountainVMD; 02-18-2013 at 06:45 PM.
BigmountainVMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpjames 09 View Post
Artec is made by Elan, which makes a ton boards for a lot of different companies. It's a safe bet you have a quality board on your hands. Does your board have the graphic of the tennis racket? It looks like a fun board. I think you scored. Enjoy it.
Well I didn't get it yet, but that's the one im looking at yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigmountainVMD View Post
Dude... wtf is going on with your feet.

I saw size 17 and was expecting 6'10", 280 lbs...

Finding a board for your size 17s on sale is probably going to be pretty difficult.
Haha I I don't even know. Honestly though my foot isn't as big as you think. From my experience, snowboard boards are cut small already and the bigger you go the smaller they are cut (compared to the size of course). My foot is like a 15/16, 16 snowboard boot was too small and they don't make a 16.5 so yeh haha

The house recommended the one magtek that I have been using for 3 years, but that one isn't quite what I need so hoping the artec board works well!

Last edited by berty6294; 02-18-2013 at 07:43 PM.