Board Advice - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 09:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
ctenn310

Default Board Advice

Hey guys, new to the forum here, just been lurking around for a while. I'll be asking for some advice on picking up a new setup, but figured it would help if you knew some things about me first.

I'm a college student and live in a dorm an hour away from ski fields, hoping to go most of the winter and spring as a weekend warrior. I've been snowboarding for 5 years or so, though usually only for a week every year (hoping to change that this season). I've only ever ridden Burton rentals and am really looking to upgrade to my own setup. I'm 5'11, 170, size 10 shoe, ride goofy but like to go switch as well. I'm big on freestysl, le riding, not quite at the level where I can shred the park but I hold my own on the mountain.

All that being said, I'd really like some opinions on potential set-ups, and if you have any suggestions to things I haven't listed feel free to add in your two cents.

Board:
NeverSummer SL
Rome Agent
Ride DH

Binding:
NXT FS
(would really love some opinions, have only ever tried rentals I don't have much feel on bindings )

Boot:
Vans with a BOA system, though I'm not totally opposed to lace-ups.

Any help you guys can give would be great, thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2008, 10:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

boots just try a bunch dont set your mind to one.....boards all are good (IMO) for mainly park riding never summer i think being top choice...maybe even look into the graft over agent if your loooking for more park....as for bindings i dont know............. ride and rome make some good bindings too but i dont know much bout the NXT's so i really cant say anything anout them
Old 08-22-2008, 12:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
ctenn310

Just so everyone knows, the bindings are by Flow. Anyone have any experience with flow bindings (how easy are they to set up / do you lose anything from a traditional strap in binding)?
Old 08-22-2008, 12:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Check the review section I review the NXT's in there. They're a solid binding its just a different stroke for different folk.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

I have the NXT-AT on my freeride board and have been very happy with them. There is a bit of a learning curve in setting them up and being proficient in getting your feet in but once you learn, they are very efficient. If you have traditionally used strap-in bindings you will notice that they have a different feel when you fist use them as the pressure from the straps is more evenly distributed on the top of your foot. Some people love them and some people have a hate for them but I think they are one of the best bindings I have ever owned.
Grimdog is offline   Reply With Quote