New here.. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2008, 01:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
IrocBayou

Default New here..

Hey everyone. My name is Nicole. I'm a snowboarder who lives in Louisiana. Been lurking around but decided to sign up since I'm here alot anyway. I currently ride a Burton Cruzer with B by Burton Notori Bindings and Iroc Boots. I was made in Vail and pretty much stick to Vail when I ride although I do go out to Breck from time to time. The boys night ride Loveland but I play chauffeur since I don't like the idea of snowboarding only by the light of a full moon.

Also, even though I'm a chick I'm thinking about buying a Burton Clash. Anyone been on it? I haven't got a chance to test ride one but I have it bad for that board.

All input appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2008, 01:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
ctenn310

Can't really help you as far as the board, but I also hit up Vail whenever I can. I'm pretty sure some of the shops up there let you demo, see if you can find a Clash to take out for a day, hit up the backbowls and see what it can do.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Clash is really soft its the same thing as a blunt which I believe its similar to the stigma as well. Very cheap. You need to get away from the whole Burton thing and look to other brands especially if you're over in Vail. I understand there's that HUGE Burton store over there but don't fear other brands.

Also Loveland at night isn't that scary by moonlight.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

what kind of board are you looking for?

as a fellow girl i ride a rome blue and love it. its a fairly stiff all-mountain board with amazing feel and pop. its great for groomers and jumps, and i even manage to use it on basic boxes and rails. boardslides with those edges do make me nervous tho, but i havent had a problem yet... knock on wood. i dont see powder either, but i feel like it would do great. unless your looking for a park noodle check out the blue. also unless you have big feet i would avoid the guys boards. im a 6.5 boot and my feet wouldnt be able to reach the edges on a dudes board, and it would be like riding a plank for me.
snowsam17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
IrocBayou

I'm actually not 100% sure what I am looking for in a board as of now. I actually have really small feet (5.5) so I'm glad you told me. I have my Cruzer now and I love it but I think I would like something with more flex. My board is pretty damn stiff. I was looking at the K2 Skyla. Not a big fan of Rome. Possibly a Ride but I don't know anything about their girl boards. I pretty much just cruise around, I do some trees and a natural half that's out at Blue Sky on Vail Mountain but no park. I have no interest in breaking my arm
Old 08-22-2008, 07:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

what do you have against rome? just wondering cuz i really do love the blue and i think it would be perfect for you, but im sure you have a good reason to stay clear of rome. Well i took a look at the skyla and it looks like you have the right idea in terms of what type of board you wanna look at. however the skyla has an extruded base. it sounds like you are arent a beginner and i would really suggest looking at something with a sintered base. they go much faster and last longer, but do need a bit more waxing. just something to consider. i would just shop around for a good solid all-mountain board with a sintered base and you should find lots of good options
snowsam17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
IrocBayou

My friend had a Rome and I just wasn't a fan. Maybe it's just because I'm so comfortable with Burton but it didn't feel right. I'm not a beginner rider, however I am a beginner to board knowledge. What is the difference between an extruded base and a sintered base?
Old 08-22-2008, 08:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

extruded base is easily to repair but easy to fuck up ....slower,low maintenance.....sintered is faster and have to wax more thats all i know i would take a sintered base over extruded tho
Old 08-22-2008, 10:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrocBayou View Post
My friend had a Rome and I just wasn't a fan. Maybe it's just because I'm so comfortable with Burton but it didn't feel right. I'm not a beginner rider, however I am a beginner to board knowledge. What is the difference between an extruded base and a sintered base?
And burtons marketing wins again. I love sheep.

Extruded refers to how the base of the board is built. Extruded bases are built in one sheet, don't absorb wax to well, are harder but when they do get ripped open easier to repair.

Sintered is a softer base thats more absorbant to waxes, easier to damage, and harder to repai.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
IrocBayou

While I greatly appreciate the information (I'm here to learn..) being called a sheep is not exactly what I would consider a warm welcome. The reason my first board was the Burton Cruzer is not because I chose it. When I started learning I needed an incredibly small board (I ride a 137-139) and the Cruzer was all they had in stock that wasn't a childs board. I got comfortable on it and our friend who worked in the rental shop gave it to us. He also gave me Progression boots (which I will be the first person to say suck horribly). But I was told sticking with one brand generally makes for a better combination hence the Burton bindings. I stick with them because they are bad ass and with the boots because it's the stiffest boot I've EVER put my foot in. I'm asking for help and constructive criticism on choosing a board in an effort to separate the biased feelings I have towards Burton. Be kind, please.