Neversummer SL without rocker? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2008, 03:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
danmkiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
They can catch oh believe me they can catch. Hardest scorpion I ever had this season was doing a frontside nose butter on my 56 Turbo Dream up at Baker. I ate shit so fucking hard I thought I was going to pop my shoulder out again! But if you look at the new Burton LTR boards th ey have something like either a concaved base or next to no camber, can't remember, but anyways they will help someone without crutching them. I think this because unless they only ever ride a reverse camber board they will at some point step on to a regular camber board. I bounce back and forth from all kinds of boards and realistically the only thing that makes it difference is what kind of terrain I'm riding with it during that day. It does make certain terrain easier to ride like flats, I hold speed way better in a flat because the contact points are raised up and not dragging which is nice when I'm going from peak 8 back to peak 9 in Breck.

Shouldn't be I still own regular camber boards and with the amount of boards I demo I know I'm not going to be riding reverse cambered boards always.

NS rocker isn't like a 3 stage rocker so its not going to ride like say K2, Rome, capita and its not a concaved base like MErvin and Nitro.

The reason you hear people talk about how a board is wishy washy is that you need to make the nose/tail stiffer in those boards to prevent it from being too soft. Most companies didn't take this into consideration so it would just fold when you'd come down and land on it. The other thing you need is better edge hold, this is where magnatraction and vario power grip come in those hold way better than a traditional edge.

With a NS you get their known ability to dampen so it will absorb chatter better than a traditional deck. Its so hard to reduce chatter in a board thats more of a place for the bindings and boots to do it.

Rocker definitely hasn't taken away the difficulty of snowboarding for me, but it has made certain things easier to do like press, butter, and ollie. Instead of having to preload the tail now I can ride it more like a skateboard and slap it down on the fly and pop.
Thanks a ton for your input. I am pretty hell bent on putting in an order for a 155 Neversummer SL now. Would last year's rome 390 bindings work well with this board? I'm 5'10 and 135-140lbs - I was riding on a 157 , but I feel like it may have been too big for me. The 158 would probably be too big.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2008, 03:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

I'm 160-165 and ride a NS SL 155 with a pair of 390's. It's a great set up. If I were you I wouldn't ride anything bigger than a 155 if your going to do all mountain.
SnowHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

390's are a good match up for that board. Also check out the K2 formulas as well I've been rocking them on my 58 sl.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote