Hammering a jib board down a black run? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2008, 01:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
boardy___

Arrow Hammering a jib board down a black run?

okay for those of you who can't be bothered reading this long ass post:
How does a pure jib board handle when you hammer it down a black run?

for those of you with time, ill just copy this pm i sent to sedition:
well im heading to whistler at the end of the year for 2 months and ill probs be boarding most days...so amped.

but anyway i ride all over the mountain hitting jumps most the time and just cruising sometime. every now and then ill get the urge to bomb down a run, but i dont mind having to scrap this part of the day if it means ill have a board which will be more fun and poppy.

i've not too sure about the snow in whistler, it hammered down last season apparently but who knows what the future holds...

so i pretty much want a board that i can butter round on and primarily use it for hitting little jumps and some small park. it still needs to be able to hold it own down a black run, although this isnt as important

thats what i was kinda getting to before, will a park board actually be that bad for gassing down a heavy run? or are they all gonna be able to do it sorta thing?

anyway im leaning towards the new never summer rockers they sound sik. whats your thoughts??

also im size 11 boots and weigh 147, i dont need a wide do i?

sorry to bombard you with all this shit ahah much appreciated.

sedition gave me some good advice and said that i need to get a jib board and pretty much ride it on everything its not made for and make me own mind up but unfortunately ive gotta buy a board before i go to the snow and dont have a chance to try it out...so thats where you guys come in

hows a park/jib board like a never summer evo or a rome graft or something along those lines ride on rough/steep terrain/ice/flat lining etc..??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2008, 05:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

i personally would be sad if i was using a jib board down a black, i'd be wondering why i ever bought a noodle.
nzboardlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
boardy___

yeah thats why im kinda waiting out for some more reviews of the 09 never summer's...

also does anyone know wh a site where i can order transworld magazine or even download some scans?
Old 08-25-2008, 02:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The evo will be fine for riding Whistler. I was dropping 20 foot cliffs at Baker on the Revolver rocker (wide evo) and it was fine. Whistler gets the same snow as Baker. I'd put the evo now as a more all mountain freestyle board that can jib, jump, and freeride groomers and pow with. The graft on the other hand good luck with that.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
boardy___

im sold.

10 char