First time buyer - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 08:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default First time buyer

I'm a first time buyer of snowboarding equipment, however not new to snowboarding. Looking for a cheap and decent board and pair of bindings. Can anybody give me a recomendation or two? Already have a pair of size 10Burton Moto's.

I am - 5'9" (176cm)
-167lbs
- board <$250, bindings ~$100 if possible.

Thanks
jogabonito309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

What kind of riding do you like to do? What kind of conditions do you ride in?
suburbanlegend8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

In addition, I think you'll be better off looking to spend about $200 on a board and around $150 on the bindings since you can use some of the nicer sales to get a decent deck in that price range, and the $150 would put you in range for nicer (and a wider range) of on sale bindings. Particularly as we approach mid-to-late March and the sales really ramp up.
Treegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thankyou for the advice! I'm not completely sure what kind of snowboarding I plan to do so I guess something pretty all purpose would be good? Any specific boards/bindings that anyone can recommend?
Old 02-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Your thread isn't getting a whole lot of traction, but let's approach it this way. You want an all-mountain board. I'm going to assume your boots are size 11 or smaller.

I'll make a few suggestions just based on your budget, but what region(s) will you be riding in? What's your experience snowboarding/how long have you been riding? The more you give people the more likely they are to take a stab at making suggestions. So, having said that here are places you might start:

Depending on the board I see you as somewhere between a 155-158

Rossignol Taipan

Camp 7 Roots Or the Camp 7 Valdez - These are a house brand for Wired Sport. Wired is a great member on the board and from what I can see the people who are buying these decks have been pretty satisfied. You can see a Valdez review by Snowolf here.

Hopefully, bumping this will get things rolling on some of the other members throwing their .02 in the discussion.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

First worry about boots. Most important part of your setup and lots of threads about that on these forums.

As for boards: The K2 Raygun is a very good beginners/intermediate board at a reasonable price point. I can only recommend it.
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for the advice that is really helpful. Yeah, as i mentioned before i have a pair of size 10 burton moto boots. i realized how important boots were and went after a pair first.

I have about an aggregate of two weeks snowboarding experience. I will most likely not be doing any freestyle stuff, so an all mountain board sounds good.

Any reccomendation on a decent binding i should be looking at?
Old 02-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

I would think you'll want something with a medium flex. You can look into any number of bindings that fit that profile, so in no particular order: Rome 390 Boss, Union Force, Flow The Five-SE, K2 Formula. I'm sure some others can make a suggestion or two.