novice needs board advice - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 01:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kirel

Default novice needs board advice

Ive been going boarding once a year for the last 4-5 years and I've really fell in love with the sport but Its been difficult for me to progress due to lack of funds and the yearly gaps. ive decided that i want to dedicate a lot more of my time to boarding and have decided to replace my shed of a board, but Im not sure what im looking for though.(most of the jargon goes straight over my head).Ive managed to get down the necessities, but im seriously looking to push my boarding from novice to intermediate and beyond, and need a board that will take me all the way through. after scouring the internet i found something that caught my eye, an 'APO line'for 196 and a pair of rome 390 bindings for 112. The reviews on the snowboard asylum website were quite positive about both, but i just wanted a second opinion, or maybe some other suggestions please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2008, 01:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Weight, boot size, riding style will help with recommendations. Keep in mind that there really isn't a set up that is good for beginners through experts. You can find some that are decent but it's the Jack of all trades scenario.
How much time are you planning on dedicating. A week? A month? A season? How many days of riding do you expect to get?
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kirel

i weigh 14 and a half stone, my boot size is 11 (U.K.). if there isnt a board that will take me through, it would have to be an all round intermediate board, the most im willing to pay 300 cos im after bindings too. i ride regular, and im looking to go abroad as many times as i can afford in a year, but im planning to go to an indoor slope each weekend (real snow btw) thanks for the reply, is there anything you could recomend now? it would really help.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

first up you need some nice, fitted boots... assuming you haven't got boots. Don't skimp on boots.

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/gen...ing-guide.html

btw for you NA's thats 200 pounds, size 11.5/12 US and a $550 US budget
nzboardlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Kirel

that ones already sorted, i bought a nicely fitting pair of salomon boots of friend of my dads whos the same size. im not sure what exact model thay are but hes pretty flush so i assume he wouldnt cheap out. theyre real comfy to ride in compared to my last pair. i got these stupid boots for 250 from ellis brigham (the only board shop where i live) that used some weird microwavable inner boot that heat up and then mould to the exact shape of your feet, but the shop assitant messed up and they caused me nothing boot pain everytime i got on my board.