Salomon Sabotage, Nitro Rook, or Arbor Westmark? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Salomon Sabotage, Nitro Rook, or Arbor Westmark?

I'm trying to decide by today between the Rook 156, Sabotage 156, Westmark 156. I have a Yes Basic right now and like it, but just looking for something different. I live in Texas so only get to go maybe twice a year. I'm headed to Crested Butte next week. I would like to order my new board sometime today. Can anyone sway me in one direction. I mainly ride all over the mountain. I'm trying to get a little more daring in the park, but I'm 44. Thanks for any feedback.
leather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Honestly between those three... Which graphic you like? All amazing boards that fit your description perfectly.

Personally if I owned all three it would be between the Rook and Sabotage most days depending on whether I wanted a Nitro or Salomon under my feet. Reason I leave out the Westmark is I just prefer to ride camber, camrock, or flat. Full reverse is great and Arbors is the best, its just not my preference.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you. Do you think there would be a learning curve since I have only ever been on a camrock board? Are both the Sabotage and Rook flat? My boot size is 9.5, and the rook is a mid-wide. Hell, I'm not sure that matters.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

I recently bought an Arbor Westmark 156 and I have used it only 3 times. From my experience I can tell you that it is a great park board, middle of the line flex, easy turning in the powder, and surprisingly stable at higher speeds on the groomers. It is more of a park board, but it can rip the whole mountain if you want it to.
Turch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

The Rook is flat while the Sabotage has camber under the feet. I have ridden the Sabotage and love it. Haven't ridden the Arbor or Nitro you listed. The nitro might be a little wide for your 9.5. I wear size 12s and ride a waist width like the 156 nitro at 254mm. Also depends on your stance width and angles.
BackLip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have a westmark 156, I LOVE the board. It's been great for everything I have thrown at it but I have found it to be very delicate. I have done nothing different in riding that I do on my 3 year old ns sl and my westmark is beat to hell, the base is torn up, several gashes to the base, the top sheet is chipped everywhere. I bought it brand new this season and my SL is 3 years old and in considerably better condition. I have been sorely disappointed with that aspect of the westmark.
briancgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for the comments. I keep hearing that the Arbor's are a delicate board and don't hold up very well. I know Angrysnowboarder loves the Blacklist and the Westmark, maybe he can comment on the quality of the board? I have also heard that Nitro is a little on the poor quality side. Maybe I will go with the Sabotage.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by briancgrs View Post
I have a westmark 156, I LOVE the board. It's been great for everything I have thrown at it but I have found it to be very delicate. I have done nothing different in riding that I do on my 3 year old ns sl and my westmark is beat to hell, the base is torn up, several gashes to the base, the top sheet is chipped everywhere. I bought it brand new this season and my SL is 3 years old and in considerably better condition. I have been sorely disappointed with that aspect of the westmark.
Yup. Arbor boards are very delicate, although my Westmark held up better than my Arbor Coda. After one day on the Coda on a groomer it looked like a 2 year old board (the base).

Not sure if the extruded base holds up better. Both my Arbors were the sintered base which is supposed to be more Frah-gee-lay.

Say what you will about Never Summers, they hold up great. I felt myself riding over a rock at Loveland last year. I could physically feel it under my Evo, made a screeching noise and my wife looks at me (she could hear it) and said, uh oh your board is fucked.

Nothing. Didn't even see a scratch. It's weird.

That said the Coda was the funnest board I've rode yet. Just doesn't hold up well for a $500 board.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

ive heard nothing but great things about the Sabotage. I was going to demo one on Monday but didn have a chance, the demo guys who were set up at the mountain hogged it all day haha. They were seriously all stoked over that board and even though I was looking at the villain for next years deck, I think im going to give the sabotage a shot also.

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East告de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
Yup. Arbor boards are very delicate, although my Westmark held up better than my Arbor Coda. After one day on the Coda on a groomer it looked like a 2 year old board (the base).

Not sure if the extruded base holds up better. Both my Arbors were the sintered base which is supposed to be more Frah-gee-lay.

Say what you will about Never Summers, they hold up great. I felt myself riding over a rock at Loveland last year. I could physically feel it under my Evo, made a screeching noise and my wife looks at me (she could hear it) and said, uh oh your board is fucked.

Nothing. Didn't even see a scratch. It's weird.

That said the Coda was the funnest board I've rode yet. Just doesn't hold up well for a $500 board.
i dont think its the sintered bases because my Evo holds up like a tank also. I mean ive got some scratches and stuff on it, but I beat the piss out of it. Arbor's are made (correct me if im wrong) of mostly recycled materials and a true wood veneer topsheet. i could see that being very very delicate.

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East告de is offline   Reply With Quote