A Few Park Newbie Board Questions - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 04:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Frzn

Default A Few Park Newbie Board Questions

So I've been snowboarding for a few seasons on and off but mostly I just enjoyed going down the hill with some buddies but I wanna do some park stuff this season, I don't live near any mountains anymore anyway.

With the help of some people on here a few months ago, I decided to get a Forum Manual board, and a pair of Rome 390 bindings.

Question 1) Can you guys suggest some good boots for this setup which will be good for all around park riding?

Question 2) Do I need to wax my board before using it? Should I get a business to do it? If I do it myself, what type of wax should I use, and how often should I use it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2008, 07:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Can't recommend you boots without looking at your foot shape, I'm sure some half wit will say something like Salomon or Vans and be all up on it, but realistically you need to go get sized and properly fitted.

Have a shop wax your board and show you how to do it.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Frzn

Yea after reading the sticky I'm definitely not gonna buy online. Gonna head to the shop tomorrow and try on boots.

As for waxing. I still wanna know how often to wax, if different temperature wax makes a huge difference, is it mainly for mountain boarding or do I still need to wax it for the park?
Old 08-27-2008, 08:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

About waxing:

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/gen...ance-tips.html

Snowolfs videos on how to wax:

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/tip...ce-videos.html

i don't know if your supposed to wax parkboards but i assume so, make it slide better and keep it in better nick.
nzboardlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzboardlife View Post
i don't know if your supposed to wax parkboards but i assume so, make it slide better and keep it in better nick.
If you don't wax, your base will dry out. That said, I don't know much or if there is much difference between waxing for free riding or the park. I've heard lots about edge sharpening but not about wax.

Waxing isn't difficult....somewhat messy with a bit of a time investment, but not rocket surgery. Snowolf had a excellent video series on youtube.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Frzn

How do I know if I have a sintered base or extruded? On the Forum site it just says my base is a P-Tex 4000

Also the guy in the video is talking about a structured base, I don't know if I have one of those either

Last edited by Frzn; 08-27-2008 at 09:56 PM.