Park Board Need HELP! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2008, 07:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Scip

Default Park Board Need HELP!

I'm about 6-5 215 pounds and enjoy park mostly. I am located in Southern California and my home mountain is Big Bear. I can hit pretty much anything on a mountain and am well versed in boards just want to make sure I am making the correct decision. I visit Park City Utah every year along with Tahoe, Mammoth, and Mountain High every now and then. Last season I rode a very stiff Burton Custom 162 and I actually would like to ride something smaller and has A LOT more flex for park. I will be riding this board about 90/10 Park to Mountain so I figure i can afford to ride something short for me. I go up to the mountain about 3-4 days of the week. I was wondering what board you would recommend to me considering I have size 13 feet. I like to mostly hit large jumps and ill do boxes and rails of course. The price of the board is not as big of a deal, I realize that you pay for what you are going to get so I am willing to put the dollars in. I have Burton P1's and 32 boots at the moment to go with this board if it means anything to you guys. I was looking at the forum destroyer 158W or possibly 160W, Gnu CHB Wide, Forum Seeker Wide, or possibly the Rome Machine but I am definitely open to suggestions. Thanks.

Last edited by Scip; 08-30-2008 at 12:44 AM. Reason: wanted more info in there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2008, 02:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

you need ot look into the darkstar wide 157, one of the best boards you can get for your moneys

an inexpnsive board that will do the job is the capita stairmaster, I think it comes in a wide.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Scip

you recommend the dark star over the destroyer? why is that? Price isnt a huge deal. I can afford pretty much most boards. Would prefer a forum though. Any reccomendations for a guy my size for forum? Again open to other companies and dont look at price. Thanks

Last edited by Scip; 08-30-2008 at 04:39 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

well, I just still feel uneasy about forum, a few years ago (pre burton takeover) they were known as a board company that made sick graphics and sickly boards. And I've never been a fan of burton boards in the first place. they seem to underperform when compared to another companies comparable board.

K2 had a similar problem about 5 or 6 years ago with how their boards performed. but as of the last 3-4 years they've really stepped it up. Not that the TWS goodwood is the ultimate determiner of whether a board is good or not, it does help, and the K2 believer and darkstar both got a goodwood this year. I think that says something about K2

Also, buy my things?
Old 08-30-2008, 03:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Scip

I was looking into the Rome Machine or possibly the Gnu CHB Wide. Both are geared towards park and are made for people with large feet. What do you think of those two?
Old 08-31-2008, 12:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

depends on how much you weigh, the CHB for park can be kinda stiff, it really depends on your focus in the park.

as far as the Machine, if I remember right, its basically a wide version of the artifact. for a jib oriented rider, it wouldn't be bad, but for an all park board, its probably too soft.

I'm not fond of rome anyway, they annoy me.

Also, buy my things?