Upgrading my 12 year old K2 Recon - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Upgrading my 12 year old K2 Recon

I've had my K2 Recon 161 from 12 years and got it in my head a few weeks ago to get a new board. I'm 5'11", 165lbs and ride mostly hard charging on bowls, groomers, and occasionally pow when I can get it. Don't hit the park anymore in my old age (lost the fearlessness of my younger years). I like the Recon, but lately have been wondering what it would be like to ride softer and shorter board that could allow me to be a bit lazier on the slopes.

I have a bunch of gift cards to use for a specific retailer that has limited choices so I ordered their last 158 Burton Custom Camber. But, now I'm wondering if I should go for the stiffer Custom X - only problem is the only size they have left is a 156.

I know there are other boards out there and I'm not a Burton fanboy (although sometimes I wonder about riding my 90's Burton Air with Sorrels again), but I'm limited in choice since I have these gift cards to use.

Appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.....mostly concerned that the Custom will feel too soft to me and I'll miss the precision and harder carves of a stiffer board.
eddante is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

156 and 158 are both fine for you. You said you wanted something lazier so the regular custom should be just fine. The Custom X is not lazy at all so IMO you ordered the right board. It will be stiff enough for what you're looking for.
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote