Ride SPI bindings?. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2008, 03:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
addidas96543

Default Ride SPI bindings?.

has anyone rode with ride spi bindings. if you have could you please post on how much u like em and how good they compare with other bindings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2008, 11:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
addidas96543

alright man thanks alot cause i bought em and theyr my first pair of good bindings and i just wanted to see if anyone else thought that they were good,bad, or what so it seems that u thought they were great bindings and were a solid deal for the price and ive been happy with em so far except i bought them and since it had a different hole setup from burton it took me a while to get how to convert em to that specific hole configuration.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've had 2 pairs of SPI's and I like them.

Pretty light and responsive. I don't hit the park so I liked the long high-back and the stiffness. On my old pair, I did have issues with the barrel ratchet not releasing easily. I had the same issue with my new pair for the first few days, but not since. My theory is that the teeth on the ladder straps just needed to "round off" a little.

That said, I don't have much experience with the higher end bindings that are always recommended on here, so "light and responsive" is pretty subjective.

Other than the ratchet release problem on my old pair, I've not had a single issue. No hot spots, no adjustment issues, nothing broke or is looking worn.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
addidas96543

dude i had that same problem with the ratchet release and heres what i found worked perfectly....when you pull up on the ratchet youll see a little silver tab that is supposed to press down on to the part so i press down on that silver tab with my thumb and havent had a problem since
Old 09-01-2008, 01:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Ratchets suck but thats across the board in Rides line. The big thing is the feel of them some people like aluminum bases some don't. I'm one that doesn't in Rides line the Spi is as low as you want to go everything under it is crap.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote