Big Feet - Toe Drag Question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Big Feet - Toe Drag Question

Doing some searches there seems to be some big guys on this board that may be able to help me. I wear size 17 and currently use Technine T9 XL Snowboard bindings and a Nitro Magnum board. My question is I am starting to ride some blacks and I am wondering how to tell if I have toe drag or not. I am not sure if it is technique, boots or something else equipment related, but I do seem to be having some issue that may be related to toe drag or in my instance may even be heel drag. I am not sure how to tell though. I know my feet do hang over the front and back of the board so wondering if I am having issues. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

I do for the most part like my Nitro Magnum board, but have never owned another so not sure what I am or am not missing. I did recently read about the Elan El Grande Board and have thought maybe I should give that a try, but have yet to find any feedback from anyone that has actually ridden one. I donít do tricks and the craziest thing I do is maybe some off trail/bowl riding so I donít need anything that special for the board. I do sometimes think a smaller board would be easier to work on some of the steeper stuff that I do so not sure a bigger board would just make me think this more. Again any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
rmerikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

those are some huge feet. If you are getting drag on toes and not on heals, your boots may not be centered. Some overhang is fine but look or messure to see if your toes hang over more than your toes and try to adjust your bindings to see if you can get them even.

Also post your binding angles as you maybe able to increase them.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The El Grande isn't that much wider than the Magnum... if you're happy with that deck then stick with it. With a size 17 you're probably going to get some toe/heel drag no matter what boot your riding. I haven't seen them in a few years but I'm sure someone still makes them, look for binding risers which are basically plastic/fiberglass plates you mount under your bindings that lift your foot higher giving you more room to lean on your edge.

Back in the day when wide boards where virtually non-existent we used risers to make sure we didn't eat it when turning. You do lose some board feel which is a negative but that's better than falling every time you turn.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

In fact here's a link to what I'm talking about. While their claims are pretty much bullshit this will work to solve your problem: Edge Risers - THE solution for big feet and close edging
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

A picture would be nice so we can see whether the overhang is too much.
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote