Am I the only one that rides Salomon Riot? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Am I the only one that rides Salomon Riot?

I've looked for reviews and anything I can that relates to this board and it's far and few.

Just wondering if anyone else rocks this board?

Was looking at getting something for more of a freeride so I can keep riot for park only. I've only ridden flat boards. Any suggestions?

Colorado Crew
zackmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I had a riot wide till i broke the tail off. I liked it was a good combination of flexy and stable. I liked the side cut to, had enough to make nice carves.

You will need to be more specific in your request for board advice. Shoe size, location, weight, style of riding, ect.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
I had a riot wide till i broke the tail off. I liked it was a good combination of flexy and stable. I liked the side cut to, had enough to make nice carves.

You will need to be more specific in your request for board advice. Shoe size, location, weight, style of riding, ect.
How'd you break the tail off?

size 10.5 boots, midwest, 170lbs, park/groomed trails.

Will be moving back to CO hopefully.

Colorado Crew
Old 02-20-2013, 11:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

lol im heavy, 200lbs not sure what caused it to start but landed off balance and finished the job. Only had it for a couple of months.

So you want a stiffer twin than what you have or do you want it for riding CO with pow and steep stuff?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
lol im heavy, 200lbs not sure what caused it to start but landed off balance and finished the job. Only had it for a couple of months.

So you want a stiffer twin than what you have or do you want it for riding CO with pow and steep stuff?
lol damn.

Well the more I search it seems most guys have a park board and a pow board. Is that accurate?

I'd like an all mountain board but I don't want to cut myself short in either direction.

Colorado Crew
Old 02-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I would look at boards like flow drifter, k2 turbo dream, rome agent rocker, arbor coda. I haven't ridden all of them but they should all fit the bill for what you are looking for and seem to get recommended a lot. I have ridden the cambered version of the drifter and the agent rocker. They are both stable but still fun, unlike something like a ride highlife that just wants to go fast all the time and is a freeride board.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackmorris View Post
lol damn.

Well the more I search it seems most guys have a park board and a pow board. Is that accurate?

I'd like an all mountain board but I don't want to cut myself short in either direction.
Nah most guys have one board.

Probably fair to assume that most active members on *this forum* have multiple boards, but then again you have to consider that the people who are here, active on a forum dedicated to snowboarding, are super dedicated to snowboarding, and ride more frequently and have more specific needs than the average Joe.

And if you polled them, I think you'd still find that most of them favor one board, even if they have several.

If you're riding 15+ days a season in various conditions, and legitimately split your time between park/freestyle/mountain/pow, then consider multiple boards. Otherwise, or if budget is a concern (and for a lot of people it is), you can definitely get by with a versatile all-mountain board, or a medium flex freestyle board, etc.

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 42

Mt. Brighton - 13
Mt. Holly - 5
Hawk Island - 3
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2
Urban - 1