Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Burton "Second Quality" (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/68234-burton-second-quality.html)

Fergatron2000 02-21-2013 01:46 PM

Burton "Second Quality"

Anyone have any info or experience on the Burton pre-production boards termed "Second Quality"? Their definition is below. Found a Sherlock for real cheap, but I don't want to buy 6 layers of balsa wood and glue. Graphic blemishes I don't care about. Any info is appreciated:

"SECOND QUALITY: These items were manufactured PRE-PRODUCTION by Burton. They are new in bag, but they may have minor differences in colors, graphics, and materials from the current production models. They are now being offered to you at a discount. Score!"

J.Schaef 02-21-2013 03:35 PM

I ride directional nug second. It is fine. Generally the seconds are fine, just try to look it over before you buy it. I've seen some seconds that I wouldn't be comfortable riding, and some that would be fine.

P3 Mammoth 02-21-2013 03:44 PM

Most important question about a "second" quality board- "Is it still covered under the warranty?"

Fergatron2000 02-21-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P3 Mammoth (Post 754794)
Most important question about a "second" quality board- "Is it still covered under the warranty?"

Yes. So there's that goin for it.

J.Schaef 02-21-2013 04:25 PM

I do believe that Burtons 2nd's are covered under warranty. Assuming you meet the other warranty criteria.

Supra 02-21-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Schaef (Post 754738)
I ride directional nug second. It is fine. Generally the seconds are fine, just try to look it over before you buy it. I've seen some seconds that I wouldn't be comfortable riding, and some that would be fine.

What's second-ish about your nug? & Does it have ' second' stamped on the nose of the base?

NoOtherOptions 02-21-2013 05:00 PM

I just bought a 2nd quality SUperhero that came in today. Looks good to me. Won't get to ride it ill next weekend but the warranty on it is normal so hey..fuck it.

J.Schaef 02-21-2013 05:19 PM

Yep. 2nd stamped in the base. One of my sidewalls must have been pressed unevenly or something, because the layers are wavy.

It rides like a champ though.

24WERD 02-21-2013 06:22 PM

i guess your eyeing the altrec.com outlet for that sherlock seconds with the "springski" for 200$ . Saw that too.

Its cosmetics on the burton boards.

NoOtherOptions 02-22-2013 05:32 PM

So I just gave my board the eye over. It's flawless. I mean at least as far as I can tell it has zero cosmetic issues. And considering it carries a normal warranty and the only issues should be cosmetic (2nd quality boards are pressed the same as normal ones) it's an awesome deal to me.