NS Proto CT, Lib Tech T Rice Pro, Yes The Greats - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default NS Proto CT, Lib Tech T Rice Pro, Yes The Greats

I've had a chance to ride the LTech & Yes but not the NS. Any feedback you guys & gals could provide me? I spend most of my riding at resorts. Thanks.
raven159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

The Proto and the Greats are comparable. The Rice is stiffer and much more of a charging board so it doesn't really match with the other two. But overall, all three are very good boards. Use the search function and you will find LOADS of info, especially on these exact boards.

"Riding at resorts" really doesn't say much about your riding style. Is it park, groomers, jumps? Would you rather go fast or play around? That would help us finding your board.

Last edited by Basti; 02-21-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I have Proto and T. Rice... nothing alike... stay away from the T. Rice. I have them both because they are so different. I ride the Proto (157) almost every day I'm out. I use the T. Rice (161.5) for legit powder days +12". You could say the Proto is my "resort" board. The T. Rice is just to burley and not practical for every day use, especially if you are just riding groomers all day. Go Proto, SL or YES.
BigmountainVMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default NS Proto CT, Lib Tech T Rice Pro, Yes The Greats

I like to go fast, hit small to medium jumps, try the park (beginner on boxes), intermediate level rider but not even close to being a rock star.

When I rode the T Rice Pro, if felt so confidence inspiring. The Greats felt similar to trad camber boards I've ridden in the past. A buddy told me that I'd probably like the Proto CT.
raven159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven159 View Post
I like to go fast, hit small to medium jumps, try the park (beginner on boxes), intermediate level rider but not even close to being a rock star.

When I rode the T Rice Pro, if felt so confidence inspiring. The Greats felt similar to trad camber boards I've ridden in the past. A buddy told me that I'd probably like the Proto CT.
I'm telling you bro, if you are an intermediate rider looking to progress, the T. Rice is not your friend. It is confidence inspiring, but when you get down to it, it it for a very specific rider who rides specific terrain. There are better options. The NS Heritage is still less stiff than the T. Rice. Check out the NS scale and see what that means.
BigmountainVMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigmountainVMD View Post
I'm telling you bro, if you are an intermediate rider looking to progress, the T. Rice is not your friend. It is confidence inspiring, but when you get down to it, it it for a very specific rider who rides specific terrain. There are better options. The NS Heritage is still less stiff than the T. Rice. Check out the NS scale and see what that means.
This is correct
danm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

I have a Yes great beauties from last year. Love it. I recently demoed the NS proto and SL, nice too, good build quality but did not like the feel of rocker between the bindings. For me, I much prefer the camrock profile. Much more stable to me and still gives you rocker at the tips.
scotty100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Greats is just better than the others. More lively and just as stable. And personally I prefer camrock to RC or C2.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
The Greats is just better than the others. More lively and just as stable. And personally I prefer camrock to RC or C2.
Nivek I have a question. I sent you a PM.
Csanto23 is offline   Reply With Quote