Need a freestyle board with lots of pop!!! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Need a freestyle board with lots of pop!!!

Ok so this is my first post on this forum, but ive read a lot of articles here and appreciate everyones input. I need some advice on which bored i should get. Im looking for something to ride 70-80% park and 20-30% all mountain. In the park i would go 50% on jibs and 50% medium sized jumps. Ive narrowed it down to forum destroyer doubledog, solomon villain, and battaleon global warmer. I'm really leaning toward the battaleon g.w. because of the tbt, and i know it will be AWESOME to butter on, but whats holding me back from buying it is that im worried it wont have a lot of pop because of how soft it is. This makes me start to lean toward the destroyer dd because iv heard numerous times that its really poppy. Maybe the villain to. But if someone who has ridden the GW could please tell me if the carbon stringers and camber shape actually give this bored good pop, that would be great. Thank you!!!
brocklee24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Just reading around here, I've heard about some issues with the TBT on park setups. But I've never ridden it, so don't count my opinion for much. Do a search, I think it's been discussed before.
NoOtherOptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I havent ridden the GW specifically but I have ridden a fair amount of Bataleons, including the Disaster, and have never had an issue with them lacking pop. They have all either been average or better. The camber lets you load the tips when you need the extra oomph.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default Other Options

Have you looked at a Forum Youngblood Doubledog or a Never Summer Evo. They're both really great boards for jibbing, buttering, and sticking those medium-large jumps. Ridden both and love them!
MotleyJue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

i heard that the youngblood dd is kinda stiff. im only 135 so i might have a hard time buttering it.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

I think the 152 Youngblood DD would be awesome for you. Not sure if you are fully grown or even how old you are...it's perfect and will last you a few seasons until you need to go up in size anyway. It's not to stiff and it's not to soft. Plus, it's an awesome bargain for the performance the board delivers.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

This year the Youngblood is finally softer than the Destroyer. Personally though I prefer the Grandpops to the DoubleDog. Just a more stable ride.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

is the grandpops as soft and easy to butter and press as the youngblood dd
Old 02-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

Alright, I knew this would happen so here goes....grandpops and doubledog are two completely different rides. Grandpops, which is camber will present a completely different ride than the doubledog, which is camber(underfoot)-rocker(middle)-camber(underfoot). Now yes, Nivek presented the grandpops, because yes, camber boards are generally more poppier. I learned on camber boards and switched to rocker many years after and will never go back. I demo'd a camber board weeks ago and realized I was missing nothing. The doubledog definitely gives you a soft playful rocker with that camber underfoot giving you awesome pop and great stability on those sketchy landings. Oh yeah....and groomer all day, but don't pass on that NS Evo, because that's also an awesome board if you can afford it. Let me know what you think Brocklee?
Old 02-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

thats what i was kinda thinking. so is the youngblood dd better than the destroyer dd at jibs? also id imagine that the destroyer dd isnt to much poppier than the youngblood dd? Thanks for all ur guys help btw