Is the Never Summer the board for me? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 06:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
nmk

As I read, the Cobra sits in between the SL & Heritage in terms of flex, damp, etc.

But I have read mixed reviews about the Cobra....
Choices... choices....

Many Cobras are available in USA right now.

I think for me the downer is the graphics... not big fan of having a big snake head on my topsheet....

Last edited by nmk; 02-22-2013 at 06:38 AM.
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 06:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmk View Post
As I read, the Cobra sits in between the SL & Heritage in terms of flex, damp, etc.

But I have read mixed reviews about the Cobra....
Choices... choices....

Many Cobras are available in USA right now.

I think for me the downer is the graphics... not big fan of having a big snake head on my topsheet....
Cobra is a good board. Might not live up to all the hype it received (especially on this forum), but as a one-board all-mountain quiver killer it can be a great choice. Like with any do-all board, there are some compromises and it is a bit of a 'Jack of many trades and master of none'. My main concern with recommending it actually is that it can encourage/reinforce some bad riding habits, so it is better suited for at least intermediate riders who are aware of technique issues and/or or people who are getting coaching/lessons.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Never summer makes great boards. You wont be disappointed by the quality.

Last edited by racer357; 02-22-2013 at 07:40 AM.
racer357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Thanks, thought about the Heritage, but how is it edge to edge and turnability? The GoodRide reviewed it as not so easy turning? I was looking for something a bit more playful than my SuperModelX.
I had the same reservations as you, and I trusted a few guys here and went with the Heritage and let me tell you, that thing turns easy as hell. Easier than my previous board, which The Good Ride has rated two more stars in terms of turnability. So, as stated, don't read too much into that source.

Go with the Heritage, you will not regret it.
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:13 AM   #15 (permalink)
nmk

Thanks, appreciate the input.

Turnability is important to me. I like my SMX but it feels wide... because it is... but good for POW

Looks like it will be Heritage 155....
Any other thoughts?

Think prices will drop again in mid March? I have zero clue about NS prices. I buy lots of Burtons because aside from being great boards... CustomX & X8, around now the Burton Innsbruck shop has the 30% sale action.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #16 (permalink)
nmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
I had the same reservations as you, and I trusted a few guys here and went with the Heritage and let me tell you, that thing turns easy as hell. Easier than my previous board, which The Good Ride has rated two more stars in terms of turnability. So, as stated, don't read too much into that source.

Go with the Heritage, you will not regret it.
Yeah, I am starting to question the GoodRide's ratings. They have my X8 as 2* soft and Custom FV as 3*.... my son has the FV and it is no way softer than the X8... Well... maybe different guy sitting behind the keyboard knocking out the stars....
Old 02-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Thanks, thought about the Heritage, but how is it edge to edge and turnability? The GoodRide reviewed it as not so easy turning? I was looking for something a bit more playful than my SuperModelX.
Quote:
Yeah, I am starting to question the GoodRide's ratings. They have my X8 as 2* soft and Custom FV as 3*.... my son has the FV and it is no way softer than the X8... Well... maybe different guy sitting behind the keyboard knocking out the stars....
I found that you are better off to go with their typed up "In Depth Reviews" than the star/snowflake system. Like anything else, use this as simply one source and check out as many reviews as you can before making your decision. That's what I did and was pleased with the results.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
nmk

Thanks, overlooked it... just had a quick read and looks great!
Old 02-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm only an intermediate rider and can't yet fully appreciate everything the board can do, but it was still amazing how awesome the thing rode compared to my old Burton.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #20 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I am similar size/style as you (aggressive freeride, limited park but like kickers/switch), own a Heritage and find it incredibly easy to turn (especially compared to my old cambers). I have ridden other RC's but found the Heritage's combo of edge-to-edge quickness and stability perfect for my style of riding. I found the Good Ride star ranking incongruous with the text in the same review...

"Despite the Never Summer Heritage’s damp aggressive design and wide waist it is very easy to turn. The side cut and camber/rocker contribute to making this board perform a lot better when leaning into a turn. You can transfer from edge to edge very well." Good Ride review

Last edited by double; 02-22-2013 at 10:30 AM.
double is offline   Reply With Quote