Versatile pow deck... for a little bloke
I always struggle when it comes to boards because of waist width.
Now I'm looking for a board that can handle pow but on the same run can cut through to a jump line. I weigh 56kg and have a size 7 boot.
Things I'm keeping in mind while looking....
A mid flexing board tends to be on the stiffer side to me
I don't generally enjoy a large effective edge....but i'm usually on ice
Having said this, some of the never summer boards have a small waist width for their size (while having quite a large effective edge). Usually ride a 148-50
I'm looking at...
- Arbor Coda 153...despite a 25cm waist
- NS Cobra 153....Pro: small waist width Con: large effective edge
- NS SL 151 &153....Pro: small waist width Con: large effective edge
- NS Proto CT 152....Pro: small waist width Con: large effective edge
- NS EVO 152....Pro: small waist width Con: large effective edge
- GNU Riders choice 151.5....not sure about the pickle
- LIB Tech Jamie Lynn Pheonix...maybe too agressive?
- LIB Tech TRS 151N...is this enough board for pow?
I have never ridden a lot of powder so not sure if my effective edge anxiety will be warranted in pow???