Please help me understand boot size/board width. Am I on the right size? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 01:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Please help me understand boot size/board width. Am I on the right size?

Hi everyone,

Please forgive if this can be found elsewhere as this is my first post and I am just starting to dig through this forum (great stuff).

I wear a size 12 boot. I just moved to a pair of Burton Ions so, in theory, I have a slightly smaller footprint now too.

When I upgraded my board last year, the guy at the board shop basically said I should be looking at a wide board (then on a traditional 12 boot). So, taking advantage of the clearance and my first board purchase in 10 years I picked up a 158w 2012 riders choice.

Now I'm wondering if I should be back on a longer board (my last was a 164) but I don't really understand what is/isn't available to me. What do I need to look for here? I'm thinking I'd like to get off the wide board sizes if I don't need to be here....

I am 6'3" and 190 btw. Probably smack dab in the middle of intermediate skill level.... Maybe.

Thanks in advance!
Conrad Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 04:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

I won't say wide boards suck etc etc etc...

I will say I'd rather ride a longer board than a wider board for what I do.

For what it's worth, with a 11.5 Burton Boot I'd probably feel fine riding anywhere from a 251-256mm.

This isn't a science, for instance, based on all the reviews of the Billy Goat (GNU) I thought I'd absolutely love the board, but to ride it, I'd have to ride it about 6cm longer than I am used to, and that's just not something I really think I should have to deal with when there are so many other great boards out there.

Find a great board that will do what you want that will fit your boots/bindings.
wildshoetwt is offline   Reply With Quote