Mt. High Season Pass, Worth It? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2008, 01:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Mt. High Season Pass, Worth It?

I've been considering purchasing a mt. high season pass. i've gone up there sporadically last season but not during the weekdays. is it busy during peak season on weekdays? how's the crowd, pretty laid back or peeps actin' stupid? did you find the season pass to be worth getting?

any shuttle/busses that go up there often? probably going to be driving up alone, maybe save some wear & tear on the car.
squishydonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2008, 01:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ride_Capita

if i were you i would put in the bucks for big bear pass. Much higher quality in my opinion but that is just me. Personally i go to big bear about 3-4 days of the week and i love it there considering where we are located. It does get busy at mt. high but big bear is solid. Up to you completely tho of course.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Isn't the Mt. High pass still 299? Figure out the cost of going just a few days vs paying how much the pass is. Lets say it would take like 10 days to pay for the pass and last season you went 12 then its worth it but lets say you're going to only go 4 times then its definitely not worth it.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Ride_Capita

i think his question was more pointed towards the quality of snow and conditions there. mt. high is definitely not the best place to go snowboarding not the worst but def the fastest
Old 09-08-2008, 12:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Smile

I would Defnetly say you should put in the extra $ for big bear. if im not mistaken you get snow summet and bear mt. in one pass. Its way beter snow and mt.high getts crazy packt. Ht. high's night sessions are sick but they still get packt. besides those gates that you have to pass...(u no those race horse starting gates) they become a pain in the A$$.....go big bear its alot better snow ,its bigger so its not as congested, and beter all arounf mountain.
Booshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishydonut View Post
I've been considering purchasing a mt. high season pass. i've gone up there sporadically last season but not during the weekdays. is it busy during peak season on weekdays? how's the crowd, pretty laid back or peeps actin' stupid? did you find the season pass to be worth getting?
any shuttle/busses that go up there often? probably going to be driving up alone, maybe save some wear & tear on the car.
Yeah this is my second year getting a season pass and although the conditions suck sometimes and it gets really packed and the staff is pathetic it was definately worth it. You only need to go 40 hours worth to get what you pay for.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

If you have a fat girlfriend, lots of bad tattoos, and like 24 oz. buds and fist fights just as much as you do actually snowboarding, then go for it.

In all seriousness, the vibe at BB/SS is way better (for me at least), and you get a lot more time on the snow. On the other hand, I actually think the snow can be better at MH, at least when it starts to get warm. I say that because even when it gets into the 50's during the day, it gets down into the low 20's at night at BB, and that snow gets harder in the mornings than any snow I've ever seen, and I grew up night-skiing back east.
buggravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

Bear Mountain is a lot nicer. If you love to ride park than you can skip out on the Snow Summit dual pass and save some dough.

but since you also mentioned wear and tear on you car, if Mountain High is closer than you should get a pass somewhere you can get to more often.

With a quick search I found something called MARTA that heads to Bear Mountain. Looks like you can park yourself at the bus stop in San Bernardino and head up for the day... didn't check the times though.

If this bus is brave enough to operate in winter months (which it probably does) it will save you a ton of headache getting up the mountain.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

thanks for the insight all. i was checking out MARTA as well, looks like a viable option.

what's up with the drunks (etc) @ mt. high? i can understand havin a good time and all but maybe 1/3rd the time it's filled with... i donno, jerks?
squishydonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:00 AM   #10 (permalink)

Mt. High also offered a 6-pack ticket deal where you buy 6 tix for 30 bucks a piece from local sporting good stores... Whether or not they'll have that deal again next season I have no idea. In that regard, a season pass is only worth it if you're planning on going up more that 10 times. They also offer a 4-pack night deal for $75 bucks which converts into regular 8 hr day tickets late spring.

I just got a season pass to Mt High. Woohoo! Time to plan a trip to Vegas so I can get my pass on the way there. I'm told the picture lines are crazy at the beginning of the season...
SilverK20A3 is offline   Reply With Quote