Never Summer Infinity - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 12:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
nmk

Default Never Summer Infinity

Hi all, I ran a similar post about NS Heritage & Cobra and appreciate all the positive feedback, now I am considering getting the NS Infinity for my wife.

Rider profile:
All mountain
Free ride intermediate / advanced
Prefers off piste, pow whenever possible
Ollies and butters
Limited jumps, switch, boxes
Need a playful board but still can hold an edge, especially on hardback and ice
Need easy turning and fast edge to edge
Need stable on straights, crud & hard pack

We've been riding Burtons since ages ago, After reading so much about NS, maybe its time to change. Her current rides are: Burton X8 as main ride and Burton Vapor for the nasty days. Can the Infinity replace both?

I don't think the board should be gender specific, weight is weight but I guess the rider aggressiveness makes the difference? For sure the top sheet design is a factor. The wolf and dream catcher is pretty cool.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

I didn't think gender should make a difference either....but after riding a bunch of boards, I really think it does. Call me crazy, but I think the waist width makes a big difference. On every men's board I rode, there was this awkward little limbo place in between turns that I didn't notice with any of the womens boards. My height/weight and foot size all indicate I can ride men's boards, and I have, but I really do notice a difference. I don't think I'll ever buy another men's board.

On to the Infinity. I got one this year and have decided (after intentionally putting it through every type of snow/ terrain etc over the past 10 or so days) that I absolutely love it! I struggled the first couple of days. It took some getting used to and some adjustments to my riding technique. But lately, it's all I've been riding. It's great on flats, the edges aren't catchy, yet on the double blues/blacks I feel like it has almost as much control as a fully cambered board. I trust it. It tracks straight at high speeds and it handles well on hard pack. I think it's amazing in powder, which we've had a lot of lately. Turning makes me smile, edge to edge its awesome. I only try very small jumps....dont hang out in the park much so I'm not the best judge there, but there is seriously nothing that I do that it doesn't do well.

I'm an inter/adv rider. I hang out on the greens and blues with my kids some but mostly on the double blues/blacks with my hubby and friends. I like that I can do all that in the same day on the same board. I also like that the board handles the sometimes hard snow of the early morning all the way though to the sometimes slushy stiky snow of the afternoon. It really is a solid board.
Bauba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Sounds like you're on the right track. The Infinity is what I would like to get for my lady next season too.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Rod

I bought the NS infinity for my wife last season. She looks beautiful turning it and says she never had as much fun on snow. The woman at the shop said it was the best women's free ride board ever made and I can't disagree from what I've seen. It's amazing to watch the board flex in different conditions from a perfect arc to a crazy camber/rocker/camber. I think you can't go wrong.
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
nmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauba View Post
I didn't think gender should make a difference either....but after riding a bunch of boards, I really think it does. Call me crazy, but I think the waist width makes a big difference. On every men's board I rode, there was this awkward little limbo place in between turns that I didn't notice with any of the womens boards. My height/weight and foot size all indicate I can ride men's boards, and I have, but I really do notice a difference. I don't think I'll ever buy another men's board.

On to the Infinity. I got one this year and have decided (after intentionally putting it through every type of snow/ terrain etc over the past 10 or so days) that I absolutely love it! I struggled the first couple of days. It took some getting used to and some adjustments to my riding technique. But lately, it's all I've been riding. It's great on flats, the edges aren't catchy, yet on the double blues/blacks I feel like it has almost as much control as a fully cambered board. I trust it. It tracks straight at high speeds and it handles well on hard pack. I think it's amazing in powder, which we've had a lot of lately. Turning makes me smile, edge to edge its awesome. I only try very small jumps....dont hang out in the park much so I'm not the best judge there, but there is seriously nothing that I do that it doesn't do well.

I'm an inter/adv rider. I hang out on the greens and blues with my kids some but mostly on the double blues/blacks with my hubby and friends. I like that I can do all that in the same day on the same board. I also like that the board handles the sometimes hard snow of the early morning all the way though to the sometimes slushy stiky snow of the afternoon. It really is a solid board.
Thanks for the input, sounds like my wife has similar ride profile as you. Maybe this can be the all-rounder for her. The X-8 is great but because of the Scoop, it is pretty wild on hardpack and icy conditions.
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmk View Post
Thanks for the input, sounds like my wife has similar ride profile as you. Maybe this can be the all-rounder for her. The X-8 is great but because of the Scoop, it is pretty wild on hardpack and icy conditions.
Ya, I would think it would be. I think she'll notice a huge difference in hard/choppy stuff. I think she'll also be surprised the increase of control on steeper terrain. If you end up getting one, let us know how she likes it.

Last edited by Bauba; 02-26-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Bauba is offline   Reply With Quote