What's up with the capita ultrafear fk - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default What's up with the capita ultrafear fk

Searched and didn't really find any user reviews. However, I did come across a number of people selling them. Are there durability issues? How does it compare to other good park boards? I guess the title says it all.
crash77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've ridden the UltraFear for the past 3 seasons. As an aggressive park/urban rider I am pleased with every aspect of the board including durability. However I have replaced each board at the end of the season (100+ days). You will have to determine your riding style and wether or not you will be abusing your equipment. If you spend the majority of your time on rails obviously the deck wont hold up as well as someone that is riding groomers.

Last edited by CheckMySteez; 02-24-2013 at 04:34 PM.
CheckMySteez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMySteez View Post
I've ridden the UltraFear for the past 3 seasons. As an aggressive park/urban rider I am pleased with the durability of the board. However I have replaced each board at the end of the season (100+ days). You will have to determine your riding style and wether or not you will be abusing your equipment. If you spend the majority of your time on rails obviously the deck wont hold up as well as someone that is riding groomers.
I'm more into natural hits, butters, spins, but I will be frequenting the park more often. The hills in my vicinity are relatively small.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Perhaps you would have more fun with the Horrorscope FK. It's more of a "jib/funstick" if you will aimed toward intermediate to pro riders. Price tag is not as steep as the UltraFear and it has a softer flex rating. The only reason I ride the UltraFear over the Horrorscope is that on larger booters I found a lack of pop with the Horrorscope and solved this by going with the stiffer UltraFear. Hope that helps, but ask away about anything Capita as I've ridden them all.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMySteez View Post
Perhaps you would have more fun with the Horrorscope FK. It's more of a "jib/funstick" if you will aimed toward intermediate to pro riders. Price tag is not as steep as the UltraFear and it has a softer flex rating. The only reason I ride the UltraFear over the Horrorscope is that on larger booters I found a lack of pop with the Horrorscope and solved this by going with the stiffer UltraFear. Hope that helps, but ask away about anything Capita as I've ridden them all.
Thanks man! TBH, I don't know a lot about the capita line. My next purchase will be my last for a few years so I don't want to get all the info on as many boards as possible that suit my preferences.