Technine MFM Pro - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 09:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
rend2688

Default Technine MFM Pro

hi all

have just picked up these bindings: NEW! TECHNINE MFM PRO Snowboard Binding White Gold M/L - eBay Bindings, Snowboarding, Winter Sports, Sporting Goods. (end time 09-Sep-08 23:15:44 AEST)

what are peoples opinions? many here on the forum say the screws on the technine's become loose easily? im worried ive done the wrong thing, and they have been shipped already, so i cant cancel

i dont do jumps or anything like that, and wont be doing so for a while.

board ill be using with: Buy Option REDLINE Snowboard All Mountain 154 54 Orange

im an intermediate level rider.

have i done the wrong thing in purchasing these?

thanks in advanced

Last edited by rend2688; 09-12-2008 at 07:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2008, 06:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

T9 = my first binding. Just take all the screws out of it put clear nail polish on the threads and tighten them back down.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
rend2688

^^^^^

thanks for the reply.

so is the 'loose screw' thing a problem with all t9 bindings? and does the nail polish solve it for good, or is it just a temporary fix? did you like those bindings you owned?

whats the general opinion on t9 bindings, besides the screw issue.

any one actually used the mfm pro's?

ta

ps. not 100% sure on how the sizing works with the t9 bindings. the size i picked up is a m/l. i know medium is usually my size in most other bindings, as my boot is 8.5, but not sure here as its m/l, and not just 'm'
Old 09-11-2008, 08:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have last years model of T9's. The issue I had with mines was the toe strap kept coming loose on me, not sure if it was that it was freezing out..But after a few adjustment's it was fine. Your best bet would be to bring a small screw driver onto the mountain with you incase you have to make any adjustment's.
laz167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]

So, why didn't you ask others about the bindings before you got them? No offense, just the smarter option, yes?

T9 is a good company, no worries. BA had a good idea with the clear nail polish. I may do that with my bindings.

alaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rend2688 View Post

so is the 'loose screw' thing a problem with all t9 bindings? and does the nail polish solve it for good, or is it just a temporary fix?
Don't know if the T9 is more prone to having screws back out than any other brand, but nail polish or lock-tite on the screw threads is never a bad idea and it's cheap. It generally works once, ie until you loosen it with a screwdriver.

If you're going to be standing there with a screwdriver anyway, then you might as well put a drop of nail polish on the screw.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
rend2688

thanks for the info guys, guess the main thing i should be looking for with these is loose screws/straps.

@alaric
i did rush into it a little, i had bought my board that day, so first thing i wanted to do next was get bindings.....

ill see how they are when they arrive, and i may sell them if i dont like them...

and then perhaps look at getting one of the following, 09 Rome 390/Targa, 09 Burton Cartel/Mission, which would be the better ones here? any other recommendations? budget around $180usd.

and ill wait a couple months, the aussie dollar is very weak now

Last edited by rend2688; 09-11-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]

Quote:
thanks for the info guys, guess the main thing i should be looking for with these is loose screws/straps.

@alaric
i did rush into it a little, i had bought my board that day, so first thing i wanted to do next was get bindings.....

ill see how they are when they arrive, and i may sell them if i dont like them...

and then perhaps look at getting one of the following, 09 Rome 390/Targa, 09 Burton Cartel/Mission, which would be the better ones here? any other recommendations? budget around $180usd.

and ill wait a couple months, the aussie dollar is very weak now

Totally understandable.
I think you'll be happen with your T9's. They are a good company.

Otherwise, I love my 390's. I plan on getting another set this year. They really are excellent binders

alaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
rend2688

while im here, and going a tad off topic, what are peopls opinions on the option redline board.

i dont have the chance to test it out for another nine months lol, our season just finished here.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:23 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
while im here, and going a tad off topic, what are peopls opinions on the option redline board.

i dont have the chance to test it out for another nine months lol, our season just finished here.
I don't know on that specific board, but as for build quality they're very good, I put my Option through an absolute battering when I ride and it lasted me over 100 days this year, and I got it 2nd hand of a friend.
Snowjoe is offline   Reply With Quote