Never Summer Titan vs Premier - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 10:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
rush340

Default Never Summer Titan vs Premier

I'm looking for a good freeride board and have settled on Never Summer. I'm having a hard time figuring out the difference between the Never Summer Titan and the Premier, and was hoping I could get an opinion from someone who has tried both.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2008, 11:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Armonster20

Never Summer makes some awesome boards. Make sure you check out the SL. I have the Premier and, while it's great for cruising and carving, it's a little too stiff for doing jumps, spins, and stuff like that. It's more of an all-mountain board, and the Titan is the same way. From what I hear, the SL is more of an "all-around" board, despite what the Never Summer website says (their boards run stiff).

My suggestion? Call Never Summer and tell them your riding style, and let them recommend something. They're a small US company with real people sitting by the phone who are really helpful.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I owned both. The premier has a pintail shape with a softer flex pattern than the Titan. The titan is a board that is designed for you to stay on top of it and give it the A game at all time, while the premier you can be slightly lazier.

Premier is going to be better in powder for sure because of its shape and gentler flex in the nose, titan is going to be better for hard charging.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
rush340

Ok, thanks for the replies. Between the Premier and Titan it sounds like the Premier would be a better fit for me. However, I'm wondering if I should consider the SL-R as well. My riding is mostly freeride/all-mountain. I'm rarely near the park. I like to cruise, bomb, cut into trees, carve, and hit smaller drops and natural kickers. Any thoughts?
Old 09-17-2008, 06:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'd still go with the premier over the new SL. Its just more suited to what you're looking for.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default 2010 versions of Titan and Premier

It seams that from 2010 Titan and Premier will be different boards. Premier will have R.C. Technology which will change its character.

Can someone compare 2010 versions? I think that Premier will be more fun in the pow that it was before, but due to the R.C. tech it will carv worse than Titan. The same will be in Voelkl: Coal as soft boot carving, freeride/bx board remained cambered.

During reading posts here I also read that some say that Titan doesn't work fine in tight tree lines, is it true? Of course its pretty long mid radius isn't helpful but is it slow in edge to edge reactions? On the other hand some say sth different. I'm 150 lbs and thinking about buying 160 version. I demoed for example Voelkl Coal 162 with flex 9,even bigger radius and didn't experience any problems with turning.
ukaszeklp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

That's people that can't ride in trees if they're blaming their deck. There's a review of the 2010 premier on my site.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for reply. I asked NS the same question but still waiting for response, hope to get it soon.
It is still hard to decide. Premier is first true freeride board with R.C. tech and for sure it will have another character then Titan.

What size of these boards would you recommend for my 150 lbs. At the moment I have voelk coal(162) claimed flex:9 and Pantera Wide 160 flex:7. On coal I have never experienced any problems with turning, but some on pantera (only on hard packed snow and tight turns) but I assume that it's because its 270 mm waist width (not necessary for my 10,5 size boots but really helpful on pow and deep carves).

Maybe someone will be able to compare titan or premier to coal or nitro pantera?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Why would you say putting RC on the board will lower its carving ability? Why in the world would they(and now Lib) put RC tech on any board unless it made it better in all aspects? It will definately make it feel "different" which some people may perceive as worse because they havent had enough time on it but i think you'll be more than happy with the Premier '10.

I absolutely love my SL-R
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:03 PM   #10 (permalink)

Don't get me wrong, my friend rides SL-R I tested it for a while and we both think that it is great board. For sure one of my next freestyle boards will be SL-R or EVO-R. I am sure that both boards Premier and Titan are amazing boards.

My point is that RC isn't new technology. It was invented many years ago, but despite this fact for some reasons since I remember we ride camber boards.
Second thing is that most of top FR/BX/Carv boards like titan or coal remained camber and that makes me think.
Third thing: Will we ever see Alpine Board with RC?

The reason why I ask all these questions is to understand the idea that stood behind this two boards. Second: why Premier has RC and Titan doesn't? Third: do you think Titan will ever have RC?