Rome Tour vs. K2 Raygun - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 03:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rome Tour vs. K2 Raygun

I am thinking of getting these two boards. Any riders who have shred these boards want to help me out with some insight? Pros and Cons kinda thing.
Wujaxkong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Funny enough, this is exactly what I was deciding between. I'm not sure how you arrived at them, but I first narrowed it down to these two from TheGoodRide, where they are both Low Cost Favorites with the Rome Tour slightly edging out the K2 Raygun in their ratings system. I commenced to do additional research, part of which led me here. This is where I learned that most forum goers seem to feel like TheGoodRide is a bogus reviews website.

I spread out my search more and saw tons of good things about the K2 Raygun... on the other hand, reviews for the Rome Tour were strangely absent. Aside from TheGoodRide, I could not find reviews for the Rome Tour among any of the typical sales channels (evo, dogfunk, altrec, etc.) or many of the review sites. There was a blurb on snowboard-review.com, a few videos on YouTube, but nothing on Angry Snowboarder, nothing on Board Reviews, and nothing on this site.

In the end, I ended up getting the K2 Raygun simply based on the number of positive user reviews. One caveat though... I noticed the warranty on the K2 Raygun was 1 year, while the warranty on the Rome Tour was for 2 years.

I also did price research... for the Rome Tour, you can get a brand new one for $240 on evo.com or a blem for $200 on there as well. With the Raygun, you can get it for $230 on altrec.com with the springski discount code, but they only have limited sizes. I was not lucky and ended up having to buy the Raygun from Evo.com for $260.

I know this doesn't answer your question directly, but hopefully it helps at least a little.

Last edited by qiuyidio; 02-28-2013 at 12:37 PM.
qiuyidio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

These two boards were "My First Snowboard" choices for me, I looked everywhere to compare and found the same thing: The Rome Tour is a brand new board, which, combined with the terrible google name, makes it hard to get info on. I went with the very positive review on TheGoodRide and took a chance on the price at Evo, choosing the Tour over the Raygun. As a really new snowboarder, the Tour fit me perfectly (went with 156), and I found it to ride great. I'll likely come back when I actually know what I'm doing, but as a newbie I love the board.

Here's a picture of it, upside down and with the bindings backwards. That has since been fixed. Told you I was new.

Side note: Wish I'd gone with the purple force bindings. I'd get flak for it, but it would look awesome with the highlights.

Zyzzyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

your binding stance i set inwards....hope they still aren't set up in this manner still
triumph.man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Nope, rode it last week and would have hated life.. I was tired, fixed it right after the picture was taken. :x
Zyzzyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

I haven't ridden the rome tour but I own the k2 raygun. It's a pretty fun board and suits a wide range of skill levels. Also, BA is a fan of the raygun
alex12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
all mountain freestyle, all-mountain, large, wide