Never summer 07 legacy vs 08-09 legacy R - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2008, 12:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Never summer 07 legacy vs 08-09 legacy R

Hey hows it goin I have a Santa Cruz Wide Pan Head (06 I believe) and I am interested in buying a new board. I found the Never Summer Legacy, read the reviews about it and people say it is a very good board for taking a few runs in the park but also for doing gnarly runs as well. I now see that they released the 08/09 boards which have the recamber thing. I was wondering: what that changes in the board and is it worth it to shell out the extra money?

I was interested in the 166 because I am 6'3" and 190 lbs. Any opinion with the sizing?

Thanks alot
-Kyle
stoepstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2008, 12:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Drop down to the 63 bro 66 is straight up big guy freeride size.

I haven't ridden the new Legacy just the SL its narrow counter part. The reverse camber definitely changes the way it rides for a positive in my opinion. If you're on a budget I'd say just get the last years for sure, if you don't mind dropping more its worth it in my opinion.

The new sidecut has really great edgehold on icy conditions and in the half pipe. The rocker because it lifts the contact points allows for you to not slow down as much in the flats. Preloading the tail is a thing of the past you can ollie on that board more like a skateboard. Buttering becomes easier too. Pow the nose will rise up easier. I've been riding the NS rockered boards since mid February and I haven't encountered anything with them thats bad. I've dropped cornices, jibbed, ridden CO pow and coastal WA pow as well, trees, halfpipe, jumps. Its a really amazing ride for sure.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Sweet thanks alot I definetly have the cash for the 08/09 its just ive never ridden with a recambered board and the ads really dont tell you what differences it makes. Im definetly gonna go with the 08/09 and thanks for the size advice ill go with the 63 then
stoepstyle is offline   Reply With Quote