Lib Tech C2 BTX vs C3 btx - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 01:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
Resident poet

Check gnu for other cam rock mag options, rider choice is prob a good all alround board...it is also asymetrical and have models with regular mag grippy and mellow mag...grippy but no grippy. About the banana, c2 and c3. banana is for butter jib flat land stuff, c2btx is bias toward more nimbleness/agile with the rocker (with less rocker than the banana) and c3btx has more of the traditional cambered feel with a bit more re-coil/pop more stability at blasting carves...but in my experience its more of the rider than the board. The c3 is in response to folks that grew up with camber, then went through the banana phase and the hybrid thing but want to get back to more of the camber feel and have no issues with catching edges.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:50 AM   #12 (permalink)

Maybe I can help a little bit since I've got experience on two Lib-Tech boards that are very different when it comes to camber and profiles and I love both boards but for different reasons. Living and riding on the east coast normally I can give you some insight into how both boards react.

Lib-Tech Skate Banana 159 BTX; this is my normal park board and I've been riding this one the longest. The camber profile on this particular board is rocker. It turns more from the middle of the board and underneath your feet. It profile allows it to be Catch Free and feels loose and playful on a variety of snow. The Magne-Traction edges make up for the rocker profile loose edge feel on other boards. The greatest benefit that these edges give you is you can ride them de-tuned and no need to sharpen them as much even in icy conditions. The rocker camber has a lot of benefits being loose and forgiving but also has a few weaknesses too. At high speed the loose feel can make it feel like it squirms. But the edges keep it in line. The Ollie power suffers due to the reversed camber and it can make for slightly looped out landings if you don't stomp it. But for the most part this is one of my favorite boards I've owned.

Lib-Tech TRS 162 C2 Power Banana, this board is a hybrid camber and much stiffer than SB. It powers down steeps and eats up chop and powder like a rabid animal. For hitting jumps the stiffer board with the hybrid profile makes this board a lot more snappy and sure footed when it stomps jumps. The Magne-Traction edges make short work of ice and packed powder and makes turning almost too easy. This board likes to go fast and go bigger, I've never Ollied higher and been able to stomp everything easier. Charges big lines and never feels like its out of it element in any type of condition. But that said the TRS has its weaknesses, slight but they are there. The hybrid camber or C2 loses that catch free feel the BTX has. The board is stiffer and has a less playful feel, not to mention it suffers at slower speeds. It wants to charge, so when you try to ride at slower more subdued speeds it feels catchy. The hybrid camber feels more like its a combo of turning from your tips and tails along with under your feet and a suspect that's why at slower speed it suffers. For all mountain riding this board never ceases to amaze me, but you have to be willing to ride at speed to enjoy it.

I like both boards but if I had to choose just one I'd use The BTX Skate Banana. The catch free edges, floaty feel, playful profile, and almost too easy riding, makes it an easy choice. I've ridden this board in park and pow and it never felt out if its element. At high speed it suffers and I've got to load up the tail for an Ollie more aggressively and stomp out my landings aggressively to keep from washing out, but still I find the BTX the better of the two. I'd rather not catch an edge over the aggressive speeds and hair pin turning the TRS gives me. These are only my opinions and if anyone else feels differently then that's yours. I'm a fan of Lib-Tech and I'm not bashing either board.

Last edited by Cyfer; 02-28-2013 at 03:57 AM.
Cyfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:33 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
Yeah, the more I read and the more videos I watch (thanks youtube), the more I am leaning to the C2 btx.

Here is another question that I've yet to get a good answer for... board size!!! I'm a wrestler, so I weigh a lot for my height (a lot of muscle mass) so I'm 5'4 but weigh 172 lbs. Sizing charts often go by weight, but because I'm on the shorter side the charts put me with boards that are to the top of my head! My current board was a beginner board (K2 brigade) that we just sized based on wanting it to come to my chin; its a 147 which was good to learn on, but definitely need something bigger. I was thinking I should get something between a 151 and 154? Or do you think because of my weight that I need to go bigger, regardless of height?
You should be fine 151 - 154.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:00 AM   #14 (permalink)

Cyfer,

I don't ride the park (yet). I want to try eventually, but right now I find myself around the rest of the mountain and attempting to hit small natural features for air (albeit small air... only doing this 3 years, give me time).

Probably heading over to Camelback tomorrow to demo a Skate Banana... either that or just heading up to Hunter for the day. Can't decide if I want better mountain and no demo or lesser mountain but get to try out a Skate Banana :-P Oh the tough decisions in life
Napoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #15 (permalink)

Let's put it this way, I am 6'2" and about 170 lbs and I'm using a 157 cm TRS. I know that for my height I could've gone with a longer board but I know that size of the board has to do more with weight than anything and I wanted a slightly smaller board for my size just because I wanted the added flex so I can have more of an all-around board than just a heavy charger with some pop. The 157 is working out great for me btw. Hope that helps. And a couple of cm doesn't make that big of a difference!!
LukeRyan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burton, c2 btx, c3 btx, hot knife, lib tech