Which board to go after? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You could also save yourself nearly $100 over the SL and get a Flow Drifter. Same camber profile, sintered base, carbon in the tips, and a rolled base between the feet. I had more fun on that than the SL.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #12 (permalink)

Hm, since you're starting out, I'd almost recommend a Custom Flying V over a Custom Camber, just because its a little more forgiving, or really anything with that or a rocker flex, again, more forgiving & in some situations more useful. With that, I'm thinking either a Burton Custom Flying V Twin in 154, or Burton Sherlock, also in 154, would be good for you, maybe even a Burton Joystick 154 if you'd rather take a rocker over a hybrid camber. Funny thing, Mission bindings will actually work the best on the Joystick, so hey, wouldja lookit that.
Bullboy145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #13 (permalink)

Thanks for the suggestions!

I've heard great things about the Custom FV, and the Flow Drifter does look great for the money. I've heard the Joystick is a blast to ride too. I haven't ridden a rocker, but I'll try anything. What bindings would you guys recommend for the other boards you listed?

I'll be at Wolf Creek again for 3 days soon, I doubt their rental selection is that great but I'll see what they have to rent and try out some different boards. I may see what there is to rent in Pagosa as well. I think the main thing on this trip will be improving my skills on blues and moguls, as well as tackling some more blacks.
KansasNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
You could also save yourself nearly $100 over the SL and get a Flow Drifter. Same camber profile, sintered base, carbon in the tips, and a rolled base between the feet. I had more fun on that than the SL.
Just ordered a Drifter today for a little over $200, hoping to get it out next weekend or possibly the one after down at Monarch.
mikeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

I'll be really interested to hear what you think of the Drifter. Granted it's ugly as hell, but it would still be worth a try.

I've added the NS Heritage to my list too, it seems like a good fit for my kind of riding as well. Granted that "kind" could change.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:47 AM   #16 (permalink)

Okay I've revised the list again:
Flow Drifter
NS SL
Ride Machete
Custom Flying V

Those are my top 4. I wish I lived closer to mountains, I could have tried them all by now!!
Old 03-11-2013, 02:24 AM   #17 (permalink)

You'd probably be best on something around a 154 but with your foot size that gets tricky because a standard width 154 is gonna be too narrow. You don't always need a wide board with an 11 but on a shorter board the standard width is gonna be narrower than it would be on say a 159. See if you can find something 152-156 and wide.

I'm tall and skinny with a big foot too and I ride the Niche Aether.
suburbanlegend8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #18 (permalink)

The Aether and NS Legacy both look good. Maybe I'll get my hands on a wide board Sunday.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #19 (permalink)

Ok first day at WC today. They had a few inches of new snow and got some more during the day. It was my best day of riding so far, I went a lot faster than usual on more challenging terrain and still felt in control. I think the powder helped me some.

The main thing that I think made a difference is the boots. IMO the 32 TM twos I got are perfect for someone of my ability. Get them, lol.

Today I rode an Arbor System 155. I really liked it, like I said, great control for me. We spent most of the day playing in the trees on the Alberta side. It surprised my friends how fast and well I was getting down the mountain. My friend rode a Machete, also in 155, and said he thought it was great.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #20 (permalink)

I really liked the Arbor so I rode it another 2 days. Spent pretty much the entire trip cruising around in the trees finding fluff. Had a great time. I may get an Arbor now, haha.