To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 07:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade??

So heres the deal. Ive got my all mountain board, which is a rome blue with ride vxns, and ive got this shitty old board from decathlon that is really small and im going to use it to jib in my friends backyard. The shit board has no bindings, and ive been lookin online (ebay, etc) for some really cheap pairs to throw on it. I found a 40 dollar pair of burton freestyles that i thought would be perfect. However, i also saw some of last years Ride Dvas for like 130. Since these are so cheap i was considering buying them since they are supposed to be a higher quality binding than the vxns, and just putting the vxns on my cheap board.

I was wondering if anyone knows whether there would be a big difference in performance betweek the vxns and the dvas, and if this upgrade would have an impact on my riding. The vxns are in rides foundation (beginners) series, while the dvas seem to be rides higher end womens freeride binding. The thing is that i havent had any problems with my vxns and i do like them a lot, but they are the only bindings i have owned and i dont really know if a better pair would make a difference. I have no idea how many ppl are familiar with womens bindings but i would appreciate any help!

also any suggestions for other womens bindings are welcome if an upgrade seems like a good idea, as i am definetly open to other brands but i have had a really good experience with my ride bindings. Despite being lower end they have actually had the least problems compared to a couple of my friends bindings (Burton and Union)
snowsam17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2008, 08:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Its a stiffer highback and strap on the DVA along with better ratchets. Its your money so its your call but I think that binding is a better match up to the blue.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

yeahh i figured. im a little pressed for cash but i am thinkin that the 70 dollar difference (i found 08 dva's for 110) isnt gonna make too much of a difference in the long run. really the only reason im hesitating is the fact that ive only used the vxns for one season and had no problems with em... haha i know its stupid but i almost feel bad replacin em already.

ive also got one more question for you BA, should i go for the smalls or mediums? i have size 7 feet i believe (my current solomons are 6.5 but im getting new boots soon and when i tried on a few pairs earlier the ones that fit were 7's) It says the small is 4 to 7 and the medium is 7-11. I got medium vxns and had to make them as small as they go, but im assumin if i got smalls id have to make them as big as they go. does it matter which ones i get if i get the dva's?

Last edited by snowsam17; 09-16-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

bumpp sorry to be like that but i think im gonna go for the DVA's and i wanna buy em ASAP so i need an answer to the sizing question. Should i go for the smalls or mediums? see above post for more details...
Old 09-17-2008, 09:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Its easier to take in a binding than it is to take one out to make it fit. It all depends on the boot with Rides. Got a shop locally you can ask them how well it'll match up with some of the boots you have in mind?
Old 09-17-2008, 09:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

ya i have a shop and im gonna be goin back there soon to try on the new 09 boots once they have them in. I have a feeling im prolly sticking with solomon because they seem to fit my foot best out of everything, but ill buy the boots first then and compare them to the medium vxns. If they seem big ill go for the smalls. I just hope they dont sell out of my binding haha. thanks for the help!!
Old 09-17-2008, 10:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yeah no worries good luck in getting stuff.