Rome Rocker - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 11:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rome Rocker

Rome Tour Wide Snowboard 2013 | evo

I am 6'2" and about 175 with an 12 shoe size. Only have about 11 days ride time in the last 2 years. Opinion on this board? What else should i look at? I also need bindings and boots, so i would like your imput
Socalsnowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2013, 12:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

What are you looking for? Where will you ride?

If you are truly in socal and plan to only ride there ... get the smallest board you can and have fun.

Rome Shank 153
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
What are you looking for? Where will you ride?

If you are truly in socal and plan to only ride there ... get the smallest board you can and have fun.

Rome Shank 153
I will most likely be riding tahoe, Mammoth, but mostly Big Bear.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

i havent rode this particular Rome.. however i have rode other Romes, so i have an idea of how they ride. The flat in the middle section will give you stability and the softer flex will allow you to butter/initiate turns easier. the Rocker at the tip and tall will give you float and a little pop. so if your a beginner rider or just looking for a buttery board. yes this board is excellent. if your looking for something more aggressive especially for your size/weight i might recommend a slightly stiffer board in the 4-5 range.
HeWhoShreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWhoShreds View Post
i havent rode this particular Rome.. however i have rode other Romes, so i have an idea of how they ride. The flat in the middle section will give you stability and the softer flex will allow you to butter/initiate turns easier. the Rocker at the tip and tall will give you float and a little pop. so if your a beginner rider or just looking for a buttery board. yes this board is excellent. if your looking for something more aggressive especially for your size/weight i might recommend a slightly stiffer board in the 4-5 range.
Oh, thank you. I'm not an expert, so thank you. Do you have any boards in min that may fit this 4-5 range. I am a pretty aggressive rider.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hi Socal,

What type of riding are you doing? The Tour is a very fun board. Flat to 3D at the tip and tail (no hang ups) is great depending on your style.

Please let us know your weight and foot size.

STOKED!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi Socal,

What type of riding are you doing? The Tour is a very fun board. Flat to 3D at the tip and tail (no hang ups) is great depending on your style.

Please let us know your weight and foot size.

STOKED!
Il mostly be doing the mountain and pow, but I want to learn some park. I am 6'2" 175 lbs with an 11.5/12 shoe size
Old 03-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalsnowman View Post
Il mostly be doing the mountain and pow, but I want to learn some park. I am 6'2" 175 lbs with an 11.5/12 shoe size
Since you are considering Rome, I would highly suggest the Agent Rocker in 158 Wide. It is an amazing Camber Rocker Camber model that will do exactly what you are looking for and will be there as you advance.

In response to your boot and bindings questions, there are some absurd deals available right now for Rome's current season Targas and 390 Bosses which are arguably the best conventional bindings available. More closeouts on Rome boots will be coming up early next week and those also offer great value on top product.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Since you are considering Rome, I would highly suggest the Agent Rocker in 158 Wide. It is an amazing Camber Rocker Camber model that will do exactly what you are looking for and will be there as you advance.

In response to your boot and bindings questions, there are some absurd deals available right now for Rome's current season Targas and 390 Bosses which are arguably the best conventional bindings available. More closeouts on Rome boots will be coming up early next week and those also offer great value on top product.
would it be worthwhile to get that board and then try to pick up a good condition set of bindings off craigslist that would probably come with boots?
Old 03-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalsnowman View Post
would it be worthwhile to get that board and then try to pick up a good condition set of bindings off craigslist that would probably come with boots?
Don't buy used boots, bindings ok, but a bad set of boots will ruin your day.

Go to a local shop and try on boots and pick the most comfortable that you can afford.
Efilnikufesin is offline   Reply With Quote