Just got my first board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 12:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Vennom

Default Just got my first board

So let me start out so I don't sound like a looney, I lived in VA for my whole life loved the snow and my Grandma got me a super cheap board out of a Cabelas or something for Christmas and I loved every minute I was on it. I recently moved to LA from Florida and I haven't seen snow in 5 years.
I do promotions and I saw that there was a promo listed for snowboarding so I jumped right on that!
It later turns out that the promotion is to give you a free board. The first thing I thought was "wow this has to be a scam" But I only had to pay $15 for shipping to get it so I said why the heck not. If i lose $15 I lose it, but if its not a scam I get a board. Needless to say it wasn't a scam and the board showed up at my front door yesterday. Its from a new company that specializes in board for women only BitchBoards®: Snowboards Made By Women For Women
I got the "aire" board, but the specs are the same with all the boards.
ok now to my nonsense questions...
How do the specs stack up against other boards? I've been looking around and I see that the prices are much lower than what they are charging on their site.
Does anyone have a preferred boot/binding combo that they like better? I know you don't need a combo but I do know that the boots are numero uno for boarding.
Should I get bindings online? I'm trying to go the most cost efficient way, but I won't buy the boots online because 1. i have very strange feet 2. I know you shouldn't!

If anyone has any insight please let me know!
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2008, 12:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I pitty your soul you paid for a board from that company.

Anyways support your local snowboard shop. Go talk to the boot fitter if you have "strange" feet guarantee a real boot fitter will look at your feet and say yep seen that before. As far as bindings are you looking for something more to jib with or freeride?
Old 09-21-2008, 12:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Vennom

Going for freeride
Old 09-21-2008, 01:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Check out the Rome Madisons, Ride DVA's or VXN's, Union Milans, K2 Virtues or Auto evers.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

$15 is good enough for one of their boards. From what I've heard...they're decent but not great, but they're improved since last year (This is going off of shayboarder's review of it).

Bindings...Rome Madisons, Ride Vxns or maybe Burton Missions

Boots...try them on in store. Make sure they're comfortable - happy feet will make your day...compared to being uncomfortable all day
Minger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

^ They're made in the same factory as Omatic but with almost a 300 dollar price tag. Figure that one out.

Why would you recommend a mens binding like the mission when she could get in the stiletto, escapade, or any of their other women's bindings.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
gurlpowder77

Hi Vennom,

I never blog- I think I'm too old now that I'm in my late twenties, but was doing some research and saw your post and had to respond!!!

I got the exact same offer and figured it was a scam,' but decided to risk the $15 and see... which is unlike me but I am glad that I did! I requested the Glamour board and sure enough it showed up at my doorstep last week.

I really love the look of it. The graphic is a photograph of snow on tree branches which is so beautiful and totally my style. I love nature and the snow more than anything, so I'm completely enthralled with the look. It also seems really well constructed and sturdy, so I was relieved.

But now I have to get bindings. I have ride boots which I really like because they are comfortable, but was thinking about getting union bindings. I know they are on the more expensive end, but was wondering how the were for women- if anyone knows? They have the white cadet that i think will look amazing on my new BITCH BOARD!!!

If anyone has any suggestions for white, good quality bindings, let me know. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2008, 11:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Is Alex Masterson paying people now to answer forums?
Old 09-22-2008, 11:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
^ They're made in the same factory as Omatic but with almost a 300 dollar price tag. Figure that one out.

Why would you recommend a mens binding like the mission when she could get in the stiletto, escapade, or any of their other women's bindings.
Just throwing it out there. My friend found an amazing deal on them a while back and she's relatively happy with them (only thing she doesn't like is that she got stuck with the gunmetal). Other than that, its worked great for her.
Minger is offline   Reply With Quote