Binding switch - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 12:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Binding switch

Hey I currently own a 162 Santa Cruz Wide Pan head 2005 with Burton Cartel bindings 2007 I believe. I will soon be purchasing a Never Summer Legacy R 2009. I will keep my santa cruz wide pan head for early season riding as well as my summer rail and jump. I have 3 options for what bindings go on which board and I was wondering which you think would be the best.

A. Put Cartels on the never summer and put some old Morrow Sanction bindings on the wide pan head that I have in a box in my garage

B. Leave the Cartels on the Wide Pan head and get some sweet new bindings for the never summer

C. Sell the morrow sanction bindings buy some other not as old bindings for the wide pan head and put the cartels on the never summer.

I have purchaced the board and will soon come into around 300 bucks.

I ride mostly in the trees and on the advanced and expert runs, but I would like to learn some buttery stuff and spend some time in the park if it isint too crowded.

Thanks
-Kyle
stoepstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2008, 12:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

Well,

Sometimes it really helps to 'break in' and get used to new gear by taking it one step at a time... most riders will find themselves overwhelmed if they change their entire setup all at once. Everything is just too different.

Since you've already been shredding those Cartels you are used to how they react and they are dialed in to your boots. You will definitely want them on you new Never Summer to offset the 'break-in' period. That way you aren't going to end up completely frustrated when your new bindings and your new board aren't doing anything you want them to.

Once you get dialed with your new snowboard you can take it to the next step and buy some spiffy new binders for it.

Sell those Morrow bindings for whatever you can get from them, I doubt you'll ever want to use them again.

Last edited by LouG; 09-23-2008 at 12:59 AM.
LouG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Sounds good I forgot about the break in period and ahah yeah those morrow bindings weigh 5 lbs each definetly getting rid of em. Thanks alot
Old 09-23-2008, 06:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Legacy takes a day or two of solid riding to break in a bit. After that you're golden you can butter on that board and have fun with all the stuff you described. Personally I'd get a new binding with it something that doesn't force you to have like 7 degrees of lean when set to 0.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

get a new binding with less lean for the wide pan head or the legacy? any suggestions of a good binding?

Last edited by stoepstyle; 09-24-2008 at 12:11 AM.