'09 forum manual? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 10:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
FrankDaTank089

Default '09 forum manual?

Had a quick question. I am looking into getting a new board this season and have had my eye on the new forum manual. The two main things I was looking for in a board was a decent price and a good park board. So far the manual looks like my best bet. Last season I had one of the forum recons and liked it a lot, but this season I really want to move into park and thought it would be better to try that on a board that was a little bit more softer and not directional.

Anyways, my question here is, is it worth it? I will probably be using the board for a lot of just chilling and riding down the slopes too. I am a decent skateboarder, so I think I would love to have a butter small board over a long stiff board any day (even when just ridding down the slopes), since to me it would feel a little bit more at home. Also, I read this on the site about this years manual, "The long running length means you can downsize about three to four centimeters from a normal all-mountain board." I am about 160 pounds and 5'11" and the recon that I rode last year was a 153 and worked really well for me. Does this mean that for a even better park experience that I could ride a 150?

And I also have to think about the old saying "you get what you pay for." This is one of the cheaper boards on the market, yet its supposed to be a wonderful board in the park, when boards from rome and other companies that are park boards go for around $450. What gives?

thanks guys.

Last edited by FrankDaTank089; 09-24-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2008, 06:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ride_Capita

thats a good park stick for the price. Screw the tags you will get your moneys worth. I went to a competition the other day and felt it, very lively and flexy, i would go for the 151 if you wanted to go smaller although I am not sure if i would recommend that. Thats really small but its all up to you i ride small as well.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You should be alright on the 150. It will be really playfull and soft for you though. I wouldn't recommend doing anything super huge with it, say like 50 foot kickers or really any serious pipe, it will just be too soft. For the same price you can get the capita stair/scare in a 152. Thats more the size I would recommend for an all park board for you. 150 manual for you would be a super jib stick, but not the greatest all park stick. You can get away with it for all park, but when you start doing bigger kickers, your going to want a stiffer or longer board.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
FrankDaTank089

yea, it seems like from what you guys said that i could maybe pull it off throughout the whole park, but defiantly not those runs through the regular slopes. So I am thinking of just dishing out the money and picking up a 153 rome graft. I was reading somewhere that it was good for jibbing and jumps, and felt very similar to a skateboard almost. So I might just have to keep my eye on ebay for the next few months before the season starts.