2013 K2 Happy Hour - Similar Boards? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2013 K2 Happy Hour - Similar Boards?

Hi Everyone,

Im very knew to this forum but have been snowboarding now for a couple years using the same beginner board I started out with (K2 Vandal 2011 148W) and am now doing some research into a new board.

I realize the season is close to finishing which is why im going to be doing alot of research and hopefully get my board for the beginning of next season.

Im looking at the 2013 K2 Happy Hour board but the smallest sizes that are available is 151cm and am worried its a little bigger than id prefer.

I am 5'7 and 145pounds and would like a board similar in shape, style, freeride, etc. to the 2013 K2 Happy Hour board.

If there is any feedback you all can provide that would be great!

(I do love the simple and plain graphics of this board along with the construction - carbon web and ollie bar)
one2threeBASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

151 is perfect hell you can even go a size larger (the pointy tips creates less effective edge ... I think)

Not that it should sway you, but the 2014 Happy Hour is supposed to be significantly different ... but that doesn't make the 2013 any less fun or anything. Just an FYI
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Are you wanting boards with the same flat camber or suggestions for all-mountain decks in general?

Off the top of my head I think these are all flat camber free-style too: Nitro Rook, Salomon Salomonder, Salomon Sick Stick, and then other K2 boards like the Slayblade. Maybe the Capita Outdoor Living. Other Rocker, Flat, Rocker boards like the stuff Ride makes or some of the Burton boards (e.g. the Super Hero).

I think I differ from jdang since flat camber should mean a longer running surface and more effective edge contact. I don't know if that's different with the Happy Hour. I think it's probably more common that people would size down on this kind of board, but I haven't been on any of the K2 boards.

Last edited by Treegreen; 03-05-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Treegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Surprisingly when you look at the numbers the effective edge is average. In fact its longer than the Flow Era's. Its actually a fairly blunted tip, despite being pointy.

You do not weigh to little for the 51. In fact as a more all mountain board than park the 54 is a better size for you.

I say get it, it's actually a pretty fun board.

Sabotage is camber who ever thought it was flat by the way.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Surprisingly when you look at the numbers the effective edge is average. In fact its longer than the Flow Era's. Its actually a fairly blunted tip, despite being pointy.

You do not weigh to little for the 51. In fact as a more all mountain board than park the 54 is a better size for you.

I say get it, it's actually a pretty fun board.

Sabotage is camber who ever thought it was flat by the way.
I think at the time I compared it, it was vs. the Evo which has the blunted tips so perhaps that skewed my comparison.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Maybe the Smokin' Team or Kyle Clancy? They're both flat (no rocker and no camber) Smokin' Snowboards have an awsome 3 year warranty and a thing where you can buy a super-discounted board if you break your current one. They also put alot of tech into their boards and the boards also have Magnetraction which has more contact points which equates to better grip in icy conditions.

Also a 151 is absolutely fine for you. It will not be too big. I guarantee it. I'm 130 pounds and I ride a 155 board.
TheNorminator is offline   Reply With Quote