Need a new board - FIRST TIMER - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 03:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
bobbypillowz

Default Need a new board - FIRST TIMER

hey guys,

ive been snowboarding for a lot of years now a few times a year and never got my own board. a mountain near my college offers a discount on season passes and im thinking about getting one to use on the weekends. Im 6'4 about 200lbs and have a 14 or 15 size boot depending. id like the board for all around riding, not just one geared towards freestyle. What board would you suggest to me for under $400? also a recommended pair of boots and bindings as well.

i was talking to some people and they suggested to me the burton blunt wide, and the nitro team wide.

but i want to get more than 2 opinions before i make a decision on what board i want to get. So please, link me away to boards you think are right for me.

also i ride regular, im 18, dont think i will be growing much more, but its possible, and i live in NYC, but travel about an hour or so north when the winter comes to ride.

Last edited by bobbypillowz; 09-24-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2008, 05:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ride_Capita

if you like to ride all mountain then definitely do not get the blunt or the nitro team boards. Those are park oriented boards that you wont be happy with. If i were you i would go pick up a k2 zepplin wide. Its a board that can be used for everything on the mountain. Other boards i would suggest would be possibly a burton custom wide, Gnu Riders Choice is good, and possibly a Ride Antic. all are wide all mountain boards and I would go in the order I gave you. Up to you of course.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
bobbypillowz

im not looking to spend over 400 on a board...maybe ill get last years model of the burton custom...what length would be good for me? above 167?

Last edited by bobbypillowz; 09-24-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ride_Capita

personal preference. I am 6'5 and dont like boards bigger than 162. Thats something you really have to decide. I would go around a 162 personally up to you tho.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

rome flag is their wide version of the anthem. stiff board, all mtn.
squishydonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
rHymenocerous

I agree with the GNU Riders Choice mtx. It should be right around 400. But I say spend the money and get a Lib/Gnu BTX board if you can
swing it.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Team is fine for what you're looking for its an all mountain freestyle board. But you definitely need a wide if you're in a 15 boot.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
ryderx

i have a k2 viper 162 wide will sale for 175. pm me if interested and ill get your some pics
Old 09-25-2008, 08:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
bobbypillowz

thanks for the suggestions guys. when i told my mom i wanted to get a board she said she wanted to get me one last christmas but my uncle and 2 stores talked her out of it and said that im better off just renting a board ever year just for the winter and just owning a pair of boots...what are the pros and cons of renting a board vs owning one?