great freestyle board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 02:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
freestyle

Default great freestyle board?

Hey all,

I've been snowboarding for about 5 years now and I love it. I used to have a flow mercury and it was great, until it broke that is. Then I got a nitro revolt to do become a bit better at speeding off the mountain and get some general "out of the park" skills.

So there also lies the problem, I bought a freeride board to do some racing etc, but I love freestyle the most. That's why I feel the nitro revolt is just not it for me, and I'm thinking of buying an additional board for freestyling, and mainly jumping. Also fakie riding is important for doing 180's.

Here is some general info of me:

Budget: up to 400 euro's (a board costs a bit more in Europe so let's just say 400$).

Europe size/USA size
Length: 1.97m / 6 foot 6 inch
weight: 73 kg / 160 pounds
foot size: 43 / 10-10

Does anyone have suggestions? Note: I don't care for anything except doing jumps and grinding rails and boxes etc. This board will only be for in the park.

Oh and please rate these for me

Burton dominant
Rome agent
Bataleon evil twin

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2008, 03:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Dom sucks, Agent is a good all mountain freestyle stick, and the Evil twin is your winner.

Other primo boards for just park are the K2 darkstar/jibpan, Salomon Scout, Capita Stairmaster extreme, Rome Graft, Ride DH, Neversummer Evo-R/SL-R, Atomic Hatchet...

I'd say my top five picks, in no particular order, are:
Evil Twin
K2 Jibpan
Stairmaster Extreme
Neversummer Evo-R
K2 Darkstar

At your weight look for something from 151-154. Longer for more jumps, shorter for more rails.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
freestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Dom sucks, Agent is a good all mountain freestyle stick, and the Evil twin is your winner.

Other primo boards for just park are the K2 darkstar/jibpan, Salomon Scout, Capita Stairmaster extreme, Rome Graft, Ride DH, Neversummer Evo-R/SL-R, Atomic Hatchet...

I'd say my top five picks, in no particular order, are:
Evil Twin
K2 Jibpan
Stairmaster Extreme
Neversummer Evo-R
K2 Darkstar

At your weight look for something from 151-154. Longer for more jumps, shorter for more rails.
Ok thanks I thought of the evil twin of being one of the best, as the twin feature makes 180's a piece o' cake. By the way are you sure 151-154 would do the trick for me? As I am quite (very) tall
Old 09-25-2008, 03:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the way a snowboard reacts to you has nothing to do with your height. If you put someone who is 5'4 160lbs on a snowboard, and then put a 6'2 person who also weighs 160lbs, the snowboard really cant feel a difference.

However, you do happen to be one of the few people who must consider your height, I didnt notice you said 6'6, so in that case, jump up the scale 2cm. So 153-157. And your good on boot size, you do not need a wide board.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
freestyle

Thanks again and yeah I'm happy I'm not such a bigfoot, I don't like the thought of very wide snowboards

Any other suggestions? We don't have a lot of snowboard shops in Holland so I need a list of options and check whether I can find one of them
Old 09-26-2008, 05:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
ihop

The Evil Twin is a fantastic board. The Bataleon TBT is so forgiving and confidence-inspiring, it makes you ride better than you really are.

At your height and weight you're kind of right in between the 155 and 159. The 155 is perfect for your weight, but as tall as you are it might feel pretty short and squirrelly on big jumps. The 159 on the other hand might be a little stiff for your weight, but will feel more 'proportional' for your height. Personally I would go for the 155 if you're planning on spending >50% of your time working rails and boxes, and the 159 if you're planning on spending more time on kickers. If you're leaning towards the 159 but worried about the stiffness, you can also go with the 159 Airobic. Its a new model this year, same true twin shape as the ET, but even softer.

The only drawback I find with the ET is the extruded base is slow, and won't hold wax for anything. Its especially annoying in spring when it gets dirty and you start to see really mixed snow conditions. If you're planning on riding this board outside the park even a little bit, I'd recommend upgrading to the Riot. Same twin shape as the ET/Airobic, slightly stiffer, and with a sintered base it'll keep its speed all season long.