Need some advice on setup! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need some advice on setup!

Hello everyone, I am new at snowboarding and I am picking it up pretty quick. I think its something i can really get into but I need some advice here.

First things first I am 6ft/6ft 1in and weigh 155lbs. I am looking for an all around board that is pretty versitile. I think I need a board thats around 159cm long to serve me well in the future. I also have a size 10-11 foot. Or something around there.

I am looking on trusnow.com at a package deal. Its a sierra reverse crew board 159cm/157cm that comes with rome s90 bindings for a total of $300.

Is this a good board/binding combo for a good price? If not care to recommend something better?

I also plan on ordering two of these "DC Men's Phase 13 Snow Boots" from amazon at...
Amazon.com: DC Men's Phase 13 Snow Boot,Black,11 M US: Shoes

Once i get them I will return the size that doesn't fit with amazon's free return shipping. Or if I don't like them I can just return both.

Let me know what you all think, after all I am new to this and I could use some advice. This will cost me around $400 alltogether so if you offer any recomendations please keep that in mind. Thanks in advance everyone!
CRimsonEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

Whats your total budget?

Ive never heard of that board, so I cant really help you there. As for boots, make sure you try them on first. Try on a lot of different models. They are the most important part of your setup.

BTW, amazon doesnt have free return shipping on everything. And besides, those boots youve linked to are being sold by a 3rd party seller.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

159 is pretty long for your weight. Better look at boards around 155-156.
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

Well, I want to spend around $400 for boots, bindings, and board. Only because I may need a jacket and snowpants also. So thats like another 100-200. But I checked on the board and it comes in a 151cm, 155cm, 159cm, and others. So you suggest the 155? I want the board to be able to last a few years. Thats my thinking for the 159. But these boots are also availible on the website that I want to get the board from. I may just try that.

My dilemma for getting snowboard boots is that I have nowhere to try them on, all of the local stores near me are out of stock in my size for every boot under $120. But if I would order online, I'm banking on returns and customer reviews. lol.

Any suggestions? thanks for helping btw. Getting into snowboarding is so confusing. So much to learn...

Last edited by CRimsonEagle; 03-07-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hey so thats what I was thinking about 157cm. Also you are the second person to recommend Wired sport to me. The package deal price is inciting.

What do you think about ordering boots from there?

Also you listed a few boards, knowing that I am a beginner picking it up quickly, what board would you recommend for progressing
Old 03-07-2013, 12:58 AM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah with just what everyone is saying I am 154lbs and am on a 153. Actually wanting to downsize but it is pretty good all around in any case.

If anything, have you looked at a second hand board especially with that budget to get a whole setup?

Randy from Wiredsport helped me choose my board too, so I can vouch for what Snowwolf has said.
Jollybored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:59 AM   #7 (permalink)

Wow thanks man, I am seriously considering this. Especially with his warranty which is quite remarkable at the price. Now would you suggest for me just to go with the camp7 bindings, or invest in more pricey ones (if so, which ones). ty!
Old 03-07-2013, 01:03 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollybored View Post
Yeah with just what everyone is saying I am 154lbs and am on a 153. Actually wanting to downsize but it is pretty good all around in any case.

If anything, have you looked at a second hand board especially with that budget to get a whole setup?

Randy from Wiredsport helped me choose my board too, so I can vouch for what Snowwolf has said.
I have looked at second hand boards on craigslist and I am not finding anything really.. but nice to know that you also recommend them. What board/bindings/boots did you end up getting?
Old 03-07-2013, 01:14 AM   #9 (permalink)

I think I will call this guy tomorrow. And I hear great things about the rome bindings, but thats getting pricey, you think if I got these bindings though they would last me quite a while? even for my next board?
Old 03-07-2013, 01:26 AM   #10 (permalink)

Cool, thanks for the help, I'll post here when I find out more tomorrow!