Help for wide freestyle board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 07:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Misquare

Default Help for wide freestyle board

Hi, I am new to these forums, but have been reading through many threads over the past month or so. I am in the process of buying a new board but I am still unsure which board would be best for me.

I am looking into a wide board since my feet size is 12, and around 158 cm (my weight is ~190lbs, 6 feet 3 inches). I ride mostly freestyle (70%)-which includes some butters in blue runs, but also like to go free-riding time to time with friends in diamonds. I come from the Ride Fleetwood (8 years old now), and have always found the board much too stiff and would like something with more flex to do more butters and flatland stuff, but not too much flex as for the board to feel shaky at moderate to high speeds. I don't do pipe, and don't really plan on picking it up.

I have considered these boards: K2 Darkstar Wide, Neversummer Revolver, Ride Decade/Dose. Which of these boards would be best for my style? Is there better boards that I have not looked into? Most reviews I have seen have praised the NS, but will it be too stiff?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2008, 07:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ride_Capita

definitely the k2 dark star is the best of all those boards and one of the better boards out there on the market for its price for everything.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Melicious

Some shops with let you demo a board..there are on snow demos too.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'd go with the Never Summer Revolver that board won't be too stiff for what you're looking to do.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Misquare

Thanks for your suggestions/input! BurtonAvenger, I noticed that in your review on the darkstar wide you felt somewhat unhappy with it, but yet gave a great review for the 08 darkstar (non-wide). Have they significantly changed the 09 model?

The revolver is 150$ more than the Darkstar, and it also comes with Rockers. I have never tried Rockers; in general will everyone like riding with Rockers? I am also wondering if the NS board is really worth that much more.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:44 AM   #6 (permalink)

Default Have you looked into Forum or Capita?

Old 09-29-2008, 09:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misquare View Post
Thanks for your suggestions/input! BurtonAvenger, I noticed that in your review on the darkstar wide you felt somewhat unhappy with it, but yet gave a great review for the 08 darkstar (non-wide). Have they significantly changed the 09 model?

The revolver is 150$ more than the Darkstar, and it also comes with Rockers. I have never tried Rockers; in general will everyone like riding with Rockers? I am also wondering if the NS board is really worth that much more.
3 year warranty makes up for that price gap. I didn't like that the flex changed just a tad bit, but it could have beent he bindings I was on. I'm going to hop on it again and check it out and give it another chance, because I loved the Afterblack from last season.

Everyone is going to be getting on the rocker stuff its the sickest shit ever.