Need a new women's board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 03:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
jldmtn15

Question Need a new women's board

Hello all:

I am a 5'4, 140lbs, athletic woman who is riding single and exploring double blues in Telluride, CO. I am in serious need of a new board.

I mostly ride the mountain (aggressively and fast; speed and carving are my friends), back country areas with powder (but not heavy avalanche areas though) and I am trying ollies and jumps with grabs. I would eventually like to work up to riding railings, but I am mostly interested being on the mountain and using the natural terrain to try tricks (trees, moguls, sides of the slopes etc). I ride right foot in front, left foot in back as well.

I am interested in getting a board that will last me a long time and I won't have to trade it in for a new one in the next two or three seasons. It is also important for me to have a board that will continue to challenge me season after season as I eventually progress from an intermediate to advanced boarder. Right now, I would call myself an intermediate boarder.

I was looking at three women's ROME boards (where I work I can get a great deal on a ROME snowboard) and I found:

- ROME Blue
- ROME Vinyl
- ROME Jett

I get a season pass with my winter job, so I will be on the slopes 4 to 6 times a week .

Which one of these three women's ROME boards would be the best fit for what I am looking for??

If there are other boards from other companies that might suite me better, please suggest them. I am partial to ROME right now because other women I know that have them really like them. I can also get a good deal on Burton, Atomic and Salomon snowboards.

I also have no idea what size I should get. Any ideas?? I believe I was a 152 with my old snowboard and that size seems too short now.

Thanks a lot for your help and comments!!

Last edited by jldmtn15; 09-29-2008 at 04:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2008, 11:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
jldmtn15

Talking Thank you!!

Thank you! I will check out the ROME Blue and the Fallen Angel. I was reading different comments online about each board from different websites and some seem to contradict each other.

Again, Thank you soo much!!! I can't wait to see if the ROME BLUE is available!

If you have any other comments, please feel free to post them.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
deezel

Default And try a free one while you can

BitchBoards is offering a Best Snowboard Photo Contest where you all you have to do is upload a photo for a chance to win a free new board along with some other gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldmtn15 View Post
Hello all:

I am a 5'4, 140lbs, athletic woman who is riding single and exploring double blues in Telluride, CO. I am in serious need of a new board.

I mostly ride the mountain (aggressively and fast; speed and carving are my friends), back country areas with powder (but not heavy avalanche areas though) and I am trying ollies and jumps with grabs. I would eventually like to work up to riding railings, but I am mostly interested being on the mountain and using the natural terrain to try tricks (trees, moguls, sides of the slopes etc). I ride right foot in front, left foot in back as well.

I am interested in getting a board that will last me a long time and I won't have to trade it in for a new one in the next two or three seasons. It is also important for me to have a board that will continue to challenge me season after season as I eventually progress from an intermediate to advanced boarder. Right now, I would call myself an intermediate boarder.

I was looking at three women's ROME boards (where I work I can get a great deal on a ROME snowboard) and I found:

- ROME Blue
- ROME Vinyl
- ROME Jett

I get a season pass with my winter job, so I will be on the slopes 4 to 6 times a week .

Which one of these three women's ROME boards would be the best fit for what I am looking for??

If there are other boards from other companies that might suite me better, please suggest them. I am partial to ROME right now because other women I know that have them really like them. I can also get a good deal on Burton, Atomic and Salomon snowboards.

I also have no idea what size I should get. Any ideas?? I believe I was a 152 with my old snowboard and that size seems too short now.

Thanks a lot for your help and comments!!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

^ My fucking god do you have to spam for a shitty over priced pile of crap?

Do not get this years blue, its one of the stiffest womens boards I've ever ridden. I rode the 151 Blue at A basin trying it out, now I typically ride a 163 Legacy or something around that range. That board is a straight up fucking Plank.

I'd nix the Fallen Angel for what you're looking to do and look at the Atomic Polarity instead.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
jldmtn15

Ok - so you don't like the ROME Blue. Are there any other reasons why you would not recommend this snowboard?

Are there other boards next to the Atomic Polarity that could be an option?
Old 09-29-2008, 11:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
^ My fucking god do you have to spam for a shitty over priced pile of crap?

Do not get this years blue, its one of the stiffest womens boards I've ever ridden. I rode the 151 Blue at A basin trying it out, now I typically ride a 163 Legacy or something around that range. That board is a straight up fucking Plank.

I'd nix the Fallen Angel for what you're looking to do and look at the Atomic Polarity instead.
you meant 2009 blue or 2008 blue?

I just brought the 2008 one a while ago......
campfortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
jldmtn15

Talking

I believe that I can - I am working in the ski area doing rentals, so even though I am mostly working with skis, I will be able to check out some of the demo boards in the snowboard shop. I really wanted to work for these guys, but the only job they had at the time was ski rental and tech. Still, I get a season pass from free, 2 hours of snowboard time and half a day of work. I think it is worth it.

Another user told me to check out BitchBoards. I like their website - I am just curious if they just make boards for all mountain for beginners or if they can make more specific boards for parks and street.

Thank you again for your all your comments - you have been extremely helpful!!!!!
I can't wait for the winter and to ride on the snow again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Hmmmm That is interesting; I wasn`t aware that they changed this board this year. You might take a look at that Lo FI then, it has pretty much the same features as the Blue, but is rated softer on flex both longitudinally as well as torsionally. The stiffness may not be a problem for you though as it sounds as though you are a more advanced rider. Can you demo any of the board offered by your shop?