Introduction, general questions, noobie advice - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Introduction, general questions, noobie advice

Hi there everyone, been reading these forums for about a month now and figured I would finally register and try to add to them. Sorry if this post seems a bit random and all over the place, I just figure I'll put everything I want to say in one place rather than making two or three threads and cluter up the forum.

I'll start off with a little about myself I guess. 22 years old, riding for about 8 of them. I'm 5'8 160 pounds, size 9 boot I think (11 shoe). Usually I tend to just enjoy freeriding, but I do occasionally hit up the park a bit. Currently I'm riding an 07/08 Burton twin with 07/08 Technine Coulter Pro bindings(I'm sure I'll catch a lot of shit for this, Burton and Technine especially don't seem to have a good rep around here). I've owned an option, a rossi, and a piece of shit sportscheck board before this though. Been hitting up blue mountain at least two times a week for the past 3 years(if anyone is interested in riding with me just give me a shout). Been to Whistler, and the big three in Banff. I'm sure thats more information than you guys would care to know so I'll stop here.

Now on to some of my questions.

First question is why all the hate for Technine? My best bet would be because of the gangster image the company portrays, and less because of the qaulity of product. I owned a pair of team 1's for a couple of years and never had a problem with them which is why I bought the Coulter pros this year.

My second question is more for my friend than it is for me. My good friend decided that this is the year he is going to learn, he has already commited to coming out to B.C. with me during our winter break so I know he is very serious. He makes enough money that he is willing to buy all the equipment brand new this year. I'm gonna hook him up with some spare pants, jackets, etc. until he can find something he really likes or gets a good deal on. So basically he is just going to be buying hard goods for now. He is 5'8 180 pounds, and will be mostly riding groomed runs. I was hoping to help him find gear from last year at this years board show, but I can't find any reliable reviews for any equipment from last year. He will definately be able to do black diamonds by the end of the year so something more progressive is needed. A bonus would be if the board or bindings looked sick(I know graphics and looks don't mean shit, but its his money and I'd rather he be happy about his set up). It would be best if he could stay within $500.

Anyways thanks for your time if you actually read all that crap, I look forward to hearing different opinions from you guys.
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2008, 10:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you're going to the board show in Toronto try to find I think his name is Adam from Corbetts. Fuck I haven't talked to those guys in ages I used to know them all. My reviews have a mix of last years and this current years in there.

As far as T9 they haven't changed much in years, didn't shop product, have a shitty customer care policy now. I could go on for days about whats wrong with that company, this is the year to see if they change if they don't fuck em.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sweet, I'll definately give him a look. Sorry about that I guess I should read a bit better and harder, I'll definately be giving your reviews another look over.

About Technine I remember last year noone got their product, I heard it was because all their product is made in China and their canaster got stuck in customs for a prolonged time. I'll be finding out about their customer service soon enough becuase their 3 hole baseplate didn't match up with my Burton board. They are sending me a new baseplate and hopefully it fits, if not I will have to drill out some bigger holes or sell the bindings to my friend.