After Some Advice - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 10:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Confusion

Default After Some Advice

Im pretty new to snowboarding and would like some advice on buying gear. I used to live in japan and went boarding for the first time while i was there. I just used rental gear and was able to get pretty good using it.
i am going back over in january and would like to buy my own gear this time.

I really enjoyed flatland stuff and just riding the hill. The places i went didn't have parks. so that was the kind of riding that i did. Its seems to be really common in japan for this style. Here is a vid of what im talking about YouTube - ‚ƒƒˆƒ1

Anyway the setup i was thinking of getting is burton cartel bindings, burton hail boots and either a jussi 159 or custom 162. Also wondering if bindings should be M or L because size 10 is right on the cusp.

I am 6'2" and weigh around 200 pounds but using a size 10 boot. I am just wondering if these boards are going to be adequite. or if i should be looking at something different for this style of riding.

Thanks in advance

nico

p.s. i am buying everything online from japan because its so much cheaper than australia. I am getting it sent to my fiancees parents house back in japan so i dont get a chance to really test any of the gear.

Last edited by Confusion; 09-29-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2008, 07:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Confusion

anyone?

I am open for suggestions on boards for something that would be better for me.
I am just wondering about size because i am a little bit heavier than the average person.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:55 AM   #3 (permalink)

Well, in terms of your stats, the boards' lengths seem okay.
With regards to the actual board quality and whatnot... There's a lot of burton haters, but to be fair, they do make good stuff.
You should check out some Rome boards, and Ride bindings though, as both companies make quality product.

Everyone will tell you NOT to order boots online as you really should try them on and see how you feel in them. Even the same size will vary between the same company's boots, as I've found out. So again... TRY ON BOOTS! as many as you can!
The bindings and board you can order online and get shipped though.

Do some searches on the board for Rome and Ride, and you'll get plenty of info .
romesaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Twix

Quote:
Originally Posted by romesaz View Post
Well, in terms of your stats, the boards' lengths seem okay.
With regards to the actual board quality and whatnot... There's a lot of burton haters, but to be fair, they do make good stuff.
You should check out some Rome boards, and Ride bindings though, as both companies make quality product.

Everyone will tell you NOT to order boots online as you really should try them on and see how you feel in them. Even the same size will vary between the same company's boots, as I've found out. So again... TRY ON BOOTS! as many as you can!
The bindings and board you can order online and get shipped though.

Do some searches on the board for Rome and Ride, and you'll get plenty of info .
I couldn't have said it better! I see people ordering boots online all the time and it makes me want to smack their mouth's . Not only do sizes vary from one maker to another, but I've also had experience with sizes being different by boot model from the same maker. YOU HAVE TO TRY ON NEW BOOTS! I think they're the most important peice of equipment. Uncomfortable boots makes for shitty days.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Jussi and the Custom are kind of stiff boards just so you know.