New Board Recommendations? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2008, 01:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default New Board Recommendations?

I'm looking to get a new board and have been looking at a lot of boards and plenty of subsequent reviews on them (including BurtonAvenger's wonderful list) and quite frankly feel flooded and somewhat lost.

For starters, i have been riding for 3 seasons now and plan to focus a great deal more on the freestyle aspect of snowboarding this coming season, probably predominantly spins, but also rails, boxes and all that jazz. What i'm getting at is, could anyone give me some recommendations on what boards will suit what i'm going for? Just tryin to gauge/somewhat narrow down everything i've looked at. I have been leaning towards a K2 WWW rocker, a Lib-tech skate banana or a NS Revolver. However, I wanna make sure I exhaust as many options as I can, so any sort of recommendation would be helpful.

I currently ride a 155 K2 Viper wide and have been happy with it so far but it probably ain't a great freestyle board. I'm 6'1" and weigh 170. On another note, my budget is pretty flexible if the board seems right.

Thanks in advance!
Airbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2008, 02:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
sHnow

ROME, check out their range, They make the best allround boards, If you want to progress in your riding check out ROME....

Last edited by sHnow; 09-30-2008 at 02:04 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ride_Capita

I will be picking up the Rome Riff this season, never ridden Rome before but i hear they are amazing. I can recommend the k2 darkstar though cheap great board all around.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sHnow View Post
ROME, check out their range, They make the best allround boards, If you want to progress in your riding check out ROME....
Pretty bold statement you're making right there. Didn't realize Rome would make me progress so much, oh wait it didn't.

Anyways bro you're talking about 3 different kinds of rocker. Read this article I wrote for Shred Betties it'll give you an idea of whats going on between those 3 rockers. Shred Betties | Gear: Reviews & Information | Reverse Camber Explained
Old 10-01-2008, 02:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the article BA, it definately helped me understand more about this up and coming tech. I see how it is really 3 diff types of rocker. Would any of the 3 suit me better or do you it would just come down to personal preference? From what I read an increased instability on landings that comes with the K2 is not what im really looking for, does the Banana Tech have a similar problem on another plane (as in side to side instability on landings) due to the concave or is it rather negligible when it comes to landings?
Old 10-01-2008, 07:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Well, I believe I have come closer to making a decision, I have narrowed it down to one of two boards. Both Never Summer boards actually, either the sl-r or the revolver-r. How different and/or similar are these two boards? As I am quite confident it will be one of these two boards, unless somehow on the off chance something changes my mind. lol

I'm just looking for some final input anyone may have...
Old 10-01-2008, 07:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Revolver is a wide twin park board the SL is an all mountain freestyle board.

Just to add to your first responses question. Banana is a definite try before you buy thing. I've only been on two banana boards and they were so opposite ends of the spectrum and the banana was less defined on one.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Ok I have come to the conclusion that I be getting the SL unless it turns out to be to thin for me, i'm borderline needing a wide board. And if that's the case I will get the Legacy instead, the wide version of the SL.

Thanks for all the help BurtonAvenger, you definately helped me narrow my focus and fully understand what I want and need.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

No worries man enjoy the board. I've rocked 11's on a 58 sl perfectly fine with only a 22.5 inch wide stance.