Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   2 Board Quiver (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/73170-2-board-quiver.html)

Csanto23 03-10-2013 09:12 PM

2 Board Quiver

Hey all,

I'm looking for a great all around two board quiver.

I think I'm dead set on the Yes The Greats replacement for 2014. This is going to be my all mountain/bombing board

So before that board comes out I want to try to pickup a nice jib/butting board.
I'm thinking Arbor westmark or Salomon Drift Rocker. I'm thinking a tad bit stiffer for the butter board because i'm 185 pounds.

hktrdr 03-10-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Csanto23 (Post 822570)
Hey all,

I'm looking for a great all around two board quiver.

I think I'm dead set on the Yes The Greats replacement for 2014. This is going to be my all mountain/bombing board

So before that board comes out I want to try to pickup a nice jib/butting board.
I'm thinking Arbor westmark or Salomon Drift Rocker. I'm thinking a tad bit stiffer for the butter board because i'm 185 pounds.

Where do you normally ride and what is your style/level? Yes The Greats is an awesome all-around/all-mountain board, but if you are building a quiver you might want something more bomber.

Nivek 03-10-2013 10:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My quiver is basically a Flow Rush and a Forum Scallywag. Similar in style to the Greats and probably the Drift Rocker. That's what I'd shoot for.

Csanto23 03-10-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hktrdr (Post 822626)
Where do you normally ride and what is your style/level? Yes The Greats is an awesome all-around/all-mountain board, but if you are building a quiver you might want something more bomber.

Great question.

I ride mainly north east and I'm intermediate/advanced skill level. I definitely catch some speed on blacks, but I dont believe I do anything too crazy.

I have 2012 Cartels I'll probably put on my rocker board, then buy another set of bindings for the YES board.

tonyisnowhere 03-10-2013 11:38 PM

My two board quiver consists of one directional camber Arbor CX and a centered all mountain true rocker Arbor Cascade. Love the CX for carving and speed and love the rocker for the playfulness and pow riding (when we get pow)

Csanto23 10-23-2013 05:22 PM

Bumping this up. Looking to buy soon.

I want to go for more of an all rounder but im not really much of a bomber. I want to hit jumps and jib a bit, but be able to bomb Blacks (medium Speed)

Hows the Echelon Killbox for this?

Lamps 10-23-2013 05:29 PM

If you wanted to flip your existing board, consider the following:

burton custom x for icy crappy out east days or maybe custom cambered if you want something a tad softer

then when the snow is soft ride one of:

burton Sherlock
burton antler
burton nug

buy a pair of genesis bindings and keep your cartels - cartels on the custom X and genesis for the softer snow board and you're set

Deacon 10-23-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamps (Post 1177473)
If you wanted to flip your existing board, consider the following:

burton custom x for icy crappy out east days or maybe custom cambered if you want something a tad softer

then when the snow is soft ride one of:

burton Sherlock
burton antler
burton nug

buy a pair of genesis bindings and keep your cartels - cartels on the custom X and genesis for the softer snow board and you're set

Lamps, I'm not ripping, I just gotta say, I can always count on you to chime in on every "what board should I buy" thread throwing burton in the mix, regardless if it was even on the OPs radar. :laugh:

Lamps 10-23-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Deacon (Post 1177489)
Lamps, I'm not ripping, I just gotta say, I can always count on you to chime in on every "what board should I buy" thread throwing burton in the mix, regardless if it was even on the OPs radar. :laugh:

Yah, it's kind of my trademark, although I've dropped my standard disclaimer lately.

For those who haven't read that disclaimer I only know burton stuff, (my local mountain has a number of burton demo days each year so I tend to try out a lot of their stuff).

Used to be I'd get death threats by PM if I even mentioned burton but things are a lot more moderate around here lately, all the lib tech and NS supporters have mellowed out a lot.

I forgot to mention the Burton Trick Pony, new this year. :laugh:

Haven't tried it yet.

davidj 10-23-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamps (Post 1177561)

Used to be I'd get death threats by PM if I even mentioned burton but things are a lot more moderate around here...

PMed ya. Check yer inbox... :D