looking for advice - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
copsh

Default looking for advice

Bet you never guessed what this thread was about!

Anyway, I'm going to Whislter for a few months and I need to buy a brand new setup. I'd imagine boots and bindings I am going to buy from a shop so I can test them out, try them on and what not. However, the board would be good to get online as there is far more variety than in a couple shops.

I would call myself a confident intermediate. I've been out 5+ seasons. Havent been out for a while now though, but im confident that given a couple of days i'll be up to speed again.

So yeah, I need advice on what board to get. I am 6"0' bout 63kilo (138lbs). I wouldnt say I was more inclined to any specific discipline but if i had to pick sides id say less of the offpiste ungroomed stuff. i do however like carving it up and bombing it down runs and stuff...

SO, with that in mind what would you recommend? I've never bought a board before (only used rental stuff hahaha shit sucks i know) so i'd hate to spend 300+ and buy something i wasnt completley happy with. I just want to see what other people suggest really...

p.s i wouldnt really want to spend more than 500, closer to 200-300 would be better but I would be willing to spend more for something really special.

p.p.s. what are Salomon boards like? just only because I can get a discount on a few setups.